2xaaa options

greggo

Newly Enlightened
hi
i usually carry an ld20 with me, i have tried 1xaa lights (ld10, sc51, d10) but much prefer the 2xaa length,

while i prefer the length of the 2xaa lights i would like something smaller, i tried 1xaa lights like the itp a3 eos and fenix ld01 but really prefer a tailcap clicky
so i started looking at 2xaaa lights with tailcap clickys

i have seen the fenix ld05 which seems to be discontinued, i have also looked at the preon 2 and the nextorch k3, i like the k3 but the runtime on high looks very short and the low mode isn't every low

are there any other 2xaaa lights with clickys that i'm missing?

thanks

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a Preon 2 Titanium and an Olight O'pen. The Preon is obviously great for the Titanium body but the O'pen is significantly more efficient in low modes. 47s also makes an effectively identical model to the O'pen but I found the O'pen cheaper. I'd recommend the O'pen, it's a handsome light, good form with a tapered down head.

bignc

Enlightened
I think eagletac makes one- but it may be AA. I am having internet issues so apologize if that's wrong- cant search. There are a couple of streamlight options but they aren't super throwy if thats what you are looking for.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore makes the MT06 2 AAA penlight. It has a classy design that would look good in everything up to a suit, and is a great size (5.4" x 0.55") for shirt pockets. It has a 32 lumen low and 165 lumen high, with a reverse clicky tail switch. I love mine, and bought an extra just in case. it can usually be found for around $32, but sometimes cheaper.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I have both a NW and CW tint of these lights, I like the NW better, but I only see it available in CW

CQG S2 2AAA CREE XP-G2 R5 CW LED Flashlight

It's stainless. 120 lm high, 15 low, and strobe. No memory. $17

dss_777

Enlightened
Consider Preon P2 modified with Nichia High CRI N219 emitter- useful levels, good color rendition, reasonably good clicky tail-switch. The finish makes these lights a little slick, but I've found the pocket clip to be quite functional. Best of all, the strobe function is almost impossible to activate, next best thing to being absent all together.

Search "FOURSEVENS Preon P2 High CRI Edition Neutral White" over at illumn.com

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Costco do a bag of 5x 2 x AAA penlights with the Snap On logo on them for about 25 UK pounds,all who have bought have been impressed.

greggo

Newly Enlightened
Costco do a bag of 5x 2 x AAA penlights with the Snap On logo on them for about 25 UK pounds,all who have bought have been impressed.

thanks mcnair

do you or anyone have a link to these? i can't find them