replace 2xAA mini mag with nite ize 3bulb led

scwood

Newly Enlightened
I want a 2xAA light to walk to my tree stand.The mini mag has enough light close up put does not throw light well.I want a light that will fit my Nite Ize spare power holster.I like the extra batteries with the light at all times!looking at the thrunite archer but I don't think it is slim enough to fit my holster.I have used the search fuction but need info from someone that knows the size of the lights compared to a mini mag. Thanks for any help!

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sizes will be on manufactures websites.

Current Mini Mag Pro is similar size to the Incan one, just a tad longer. But boasts 272 lumens and well worth a look.

The EagleTac D25A2 Mini is very compact for a 2AA light.

scwood

Newly Enlightened
Sizes will be on manufactures websites.

Current Mini Mag Pro is similar size to the Incan one, just a tad longer. But boasts 272 lumens and well worth a look.

The EagleTac D25A2 Mini is very compact for a 2AA light.

the eagleTac D25A2 is on the list. The mini mag pro is to bright to use to walk to stand.I want to switch to higher throw if I walk up on something.I have walked up on skunks, heard coyotes close but my light would not reach out farther than 10yrds.I walked up on a 6' Alligator on a dirt road in Newberry county S.C. no where near water.Had to get to close for comfort with my light to see what it was. LOL

scwood

Newly Enlightened
The ThruNite Archer 2A v2 450 lumen I think is going to met my needs.I like the memory,because it would be used in firefly most of the time.Anyone have experience with the ThruNite company?

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't speak on how it will fit your current holster, but I can say that the Fenix E25 is an excellent 2xAA light!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a 2xAA light to walk to my tree stand.The mini mag has enough light close up put does not throw light well.I want a light that will fit my Nite Ize spare power holster.I like the extra batteries with the light at all times!looking at the thrunite archer but I don't think it is slim enough to fit my holster.I have used the search fuction but need info from someone that knows the size of the lights compared to a mini mag. Thanks for any help!

I added two of the NiteIze 3 LED modules to my two MMs and they're definitely brighter, with a blueish/purpleish tint. They come with their own tailcap switches, which while feeling a bit cheezy, work, but you lose the focus/flood option.

For the money, I guess it's not a bad deal. I upgraded my two 6xD ML with the TerraLux Mini-Star 5s mostly because I just don't like throwing stuff away. The MS 5s retain the focus/flood feature, so that was good, but they don't get used much these days.

Chris