9008/h13 better choices

Cheropair

Newly Enlightened
Have a 2008 Jeep Patriot, headlights are starting to darken a bit when looking at the bulbs in the reflector, so I know it's time to replace. Philips Xtreme Vison seems to be the best choice from what I've read, although I also see a Philips Extreme Vision Plus. Going to purchase from a brick and mortar store, either one is available within a dollar per pair. Which is the better choice, or is there any difference other than packaging?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Interesting. As far as I was aware, the Xtreme Vision Plus wasn't (yet?) available in H13. I'm not finding it on a web search. You saw it in H13...? Where? If/when it becomes available, it will be the higher-performing option, though keep in mind as performance increases lifespan tends to decrease.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Ma and Pa,

I won't mention these bulbs I saw, so I guess this letter is over.

Love,

Your son.

P.S. I hope this letter doesn't get here before you can finish reading it.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Yeah, I would still get these in preference to the ones you found, but the ones you found wouldn't be a bad choice.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I would still get these in preference to the ones you found, but the ones you found wouldn't be a bad choice.

Hi Mr. Virgil

Is there a reason why I have seldom seen 9008XV other than that Amazon link? It's probably the same situation as the H11 you referred to me last week, are they just only available from one source?

Now I need to get a set of the 9008 for my Mercury.

Thanks.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I don't know. It may be that local stockers just choose not to carry it.

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
Hi Mr. Virgil

Is there a reason why I have seldom seen 9008XV other than that Amazon link? It's probably the same situation as the H11 you referred to me last week, are they just only available from one source?

Now I need to get a set of the 9008 for my Mercury.

Thanks.

I think that is due to not wanting to undercut the sales of the Sylvania Shittystar bulbs. Just my 2 cents.