• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PD40vn - 1st MTG2 Single Cell

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
PD40vn - 1st MTG2 Single Cell
Must Read & Agree Before Purchase
Factory Link Click Here

Details & Observation:

- Beautiful Bright floody neutral beam
- Keeppower 26650 5200mAh should give great run time and output
- Light run surprisingly cool for how much lumen is produced.
- Very bright light for a single cell
- Build quality is excellent as other Fenix
- Feels sturdy and bullet proof

$115

Extra Options:
A) $30 Thermal pads for driver, New Arctic silver compound, sand smooth LED copper base
B) +$15 for MTG2 4000K (5000K default)
C) +$1 for 26650 to 18650 sleeve
D) +$5 "V54" hand engraved

If you want shipping insurance please ask

Email/paypal:
[email protected]

Last edited:

CUL8R

Enlightened
Hope you can boost it to about 2000 otf lumens on burst. Also wish it had a "hard" selection for boost instead of push and hold.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hope you can boost it to about 2000 otf lumens on burst. Also wish it had a "hard" selection for boost instead of push and hold.

2000 OTF? I think I can do that!

3.5A or so shoudl do ~2000 OTF Lumen...

I think 4.5A on turbo would be nice...We will see

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
High from the factory is too low IMO. The turbo takes like 1/2 a second before it engages from when you press and hold. This delay makes Turbo more of a bonus mode than something real momentary. It's a shame because this light has great heat sinking so High can handle a lot more heat. So here is the game plan:

Boost and heat sink the light to where High is actually bright and good for a continuous 15 minutes before things get Hot. Turbo will then just be a bonus ;-)

What you guys think?

I don't get good prices with Fenix so prices will be tough with this light...But damn...Fenix don't make junk. I love Fenix

Last edited:

BeastModeV5

Newly Enlightened
Can't argue with Fenix quality!
So it operates similar to a PD35? That UI seems a bit slow, one like the LD60 would seem ideal.
A nice current boost would be enough to persuade me though.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Can't argue with Fenix quality!
So it operates similar to a PD35? That UI seems a bit slow, one like the LD60 would seem ideal.
A nice current boost would be enough to persuade me though.

It's a really nice flood light. I bet a 5200mah cell will make this a great walk the dog or just work light. 5000k is nice but I like 4000k even more. A tad warm but I love it.

I think 5000k dedome might also be nice...

Taking this light to bed right now and it just handles heat surprisingly well. I dare say nothing else this weight n this size put out this much lumen and handle heat this well. Very very impressed!

LessDark

Enlightened
Damn this light is tempting...
Will it require a IMR cell to use or is it okay with the protected keeppower 5200mah?

Also, if you plan on boosting the high level, will the other modes be equally boosted?

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Too bad you can't[maybe u can?!] make that BURST mode an actual mode[turbo] that would sustain its output for at least 3 minutes b/4 step down.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wanted to buy this when I saw Fenix's first news of it a month or so ago. At first I thought it had a rear switch and the side switch for mode changes which was not the case. I don't mind side switches alone but the delayed on/off and the lack of a true low mode was a deal breaker for me. I love the look and size of this light and a 1x26650 MT-G2 light really appeals to me. Hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit and give us some more options in this new category of light.

lumentia

Enlightened
+1
A real *sub lumen* moonlight and decent high would make this a nice compact camping light.

Last edited:

texas cop

Enlightened
3.5 amps at the led is going to be about 7 amps at the battery. This driver will have to boost the voltage up to about 6.5 to the led. I've modded a TrustFire TR-J20 to pull 8-9 amps from the KeepPower 5200 mah. All three cells drain evenly staying within 0.1 volts of each other so the battery is a go. Would like to see if the new Cree XPH50 and XPH70 really jump the lumens up on this build.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Light should be released tonight. Done my fair share of testing and I love it! Still amazed at how heat is handled for the output.

Capolini

Banned
High from the factory is too low IMO. The turbo takes like 1/2 a second before it engages from when you press and hold. This delay makes Turbo more of a bonus mode than something real momentary. It's a shame because this light has great heat sinking so High can handle a lot more heat. So here is the game plan:

Boost and heat sink the light to where High is actually bright and good for a continuous 15 minutes before things get Hot. Turbo will then just be a bonus ;-)

What you guys think?

I don't get good prices with Fenix so prices will be tough with this light...But damn...Fenix don't make junk. I love Fenix

Just noticed some important info. here!

Will High be more output than Burst[1600 lumens] that the stock light has?

I would think so and hope so! My X2vn is definitely 1400+...my guess is 1550! :) http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/scratching-head-smiley-emoticon.gif

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator: