A2 vs LED MODS in Throwing

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Is it just me or does the throw of the A2 seem to be getting less-and-less as compared to the new MODS we're seeing available? For example, I just fired up my A2 for the first time in months. This is after playing with some McLux-PR Lux-III/DB-917 bezels on my L4 tube. To my eyes, I'm seeing just as much, at the same distance, with the PR as I am with the A2.

Is it just me?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,

I think you will find that some of the Lux III's do infact throw further than the A2 and have higher lux readings. What the A2 can provide that none of the LED's can is full spectrum light. This is not always that important but for the heck of it, find a red target at the far limits of reach for these lights and see which provides a better return of illuminated target.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
nope, we're two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I am not even considering the use of my newly acquired E2e (I just bought it because I HAD to have one, too) after a few tests. It failed against Don's Porsche, the L4 and the McLux-PR X3T/BB750 in almost every aspect from beam color, runtime, desired beam characteristic (flood/throw) to the other well known advantages of LEDs. It makes a nice 2x123 HA-BK battery tube now ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It is all Don's fault. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
bernhard

EDIT: Don types faster than I do ...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks Don. I now remembering you and Al mentioning that before, however I never tried it. I'll have to find a red target in the yard and give it a whirl.

Thanks Bernard. Glad it's not just old-age setting in on my part.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
LOL Ray /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif !
It's the crusade of the LEDs that is about to begin ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif
bernhard