2-bay Universal Charger for Travel?

Berneck1

Enlightened
Hey everybody,

I am interested in a universal charger for traveling. I currently use a Nitecore D4, but it's really too bulky sometimes. I don't use the charger often when I travel, but I do like to take a charger with me. The batteries I most use are Eneloops, 16340 and 18650's...

Can any of you recommend something that is a very compact 2-bay charger, that can charge both ni-mh and li-ion batteries? I don't necessarily need the status screen like on the D4, either.

I may just get a D2. Just wondering if there is something better, or comparable but smaller. I don't need top of the line, I am more interested in size. That being said, I don't want to buy a charger that is low quality either.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most decent electrical gadget type stores supply a simple 2 bay charger for not a lot of money,I have one which came with a lead so I can plug it into the car as well.In the US someone like Tandy aka Radio Shack.

KosmoC

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for the same thing myself. Not too many options out there besides the D2. Most all of the multi chemistry chargers are 4 bay.

Certainly nothing at the retail level either. RadioShack filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, and doesn't carry anything of the sort anyway.

Berneck1

Enlightened
Yeah, I'm not concerned about cost. Just getting something cheap and small isn't the objective. I want something as good as the D4 but much smaller. In looking around it seems that there are really no good 2-bay chargers that do ni-mh and li-ion, except for the D2.

I was just curious if anyone knew of any others for comparison.

I think I'll just get the D2.

On a side note. ....That Xtar VC4 looks pretty cool. The VC2 doesn't charge ni-mh. I almost got it thinking it did, because the description talks about how it will tell you if ni-mh cells are bad or not.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want something as good as the D4 but much smaller. In looking around it seems that there are really no good 2-bay chargers that do ni-mh and li-ion, except for the D2.

I was just curious if anyone knew of any others for comparison.

The Thrunite MCC-2 is very similar to the D2...but I think it is about the same size, so I don't know if that helps. HKJ's review of the big brother (MCC-4, pretty similar except two more bays).

Another option would be the Olight Omni-Dok. HKJ's review here. Wouldn't be ideal for 16340s, though.