Mounting Surefire G2X in car?

KnifeStyle

Newly Enlightened
Outfitting my new car (a Honda fit, small hatchback without a lot of compartments) with all my kits and organizers, been trying to find a secure way to mount my yellow G2X somewhere where it will be quickly accessible when needed, but won't fly around and become a projectile in a crash. I'd rather not drill or sew anything in the new car, so are there any creative ways to strap down this rather bulky light?

gsr

Enlightened
You could use adhesive backed Velcro to secure it where you wanted. If you do not want Velcro directly on your light, you could Velcro a holster to your desired location. If you want to remove it at some point, you can just peel off the Velcro, and clean off the remaining adhesive.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also think velcroing a holster is going to be your best bet. You could velcro it to the carpet if there's a good spot, or use adhesive backed tape on plastic in a compartment.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw someone strap a "holster" to the shoulder portion of a seatbelt. Looked like it would work pretty smartly. Your application and results may vary. I stuff mine head first into the open ashtray. Being as I don't smoke.