NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The NEW MarketPlace

Wink2 The NEW MarketPlace

CPF is now ready to launch the NEW MarketPlace!

First - The NEW MarketPlace is HERE - on CPF. You don't have to go to another site and create a new registration and all that other stuff. Well... that's not exactly true. Our new MarketPlace is hosted by Panjo. And technically when you post in the MarketPlace and upload your photos, you won't be on CPF - but you are not going to even know that because the Panjo software and system are integrated with the CPF software and uses your CPF user account and information. The only things you will need to do are enter an email address that you want to receive notifications at and a PayPal address for payment purposes. (Now hang on... don't go nuts on that one! Keep reading!)

Let's start at the beginning...

1. Say you want to sell something - You click on the "MarketPlace" tab at the top of the forums. That will take you to the Panjo MarketPlace page where you will see items that are listed for sale, options to search by category, price, location, etc. If you are logged in to the forums, the Panjo MarketPlace will know that and ask you for an email address. This is for notification purposes only and does NOT have to be the same as your CPF profile email address. And you will see a button to "Sell An Item".

2. So you click on the "Sell an Item" button. A new page will open and you will then fill out the form. It's pretty simple! And you will be asked for a PayPal address. This is so you can get paid directly from your buyer with the click of a button. This is also in case you are not a CPF Supporter and are therefore subject to a listing fee (we'll get to that in a minute). You cannot opt out of this. You will need to associate a PayPal account with your sale.

3. Ok so now you've listed your item for sale. Now the cool part - The category you listed your item in is associated with an existing CPF forum. And a thread for your listing was just created in that forum. There will be a link to that thread in your listing on the Panjo MarketPlace. So if someone is browsing through the sales listings and sees something they are interested in, they can click on the listing then click on the link to the associated thread and go talk to you about your item! And you will be automatically subscribed to that thread when it is posted so you will receive notifications when someone posts in your thread. NICE!

4. And now the fees - First... there are no upfront fees for listing. BUT - if you are not a CPF Supporter there will be a 3% fee when your item sells. CPF Supporters will not have to pay a fee when their item sells. When you list your item, you will be notified of any fees that may be imposed upon completion of sale. Your user group at the time of the listing - NOT at the time of sale - determines whether or not you are subject to a fee.

And so it's that simple!

At this time the NEW MarketPlace will only be handling "Want To Sell" (WTS) type transactions. "Want To Buy" (WTB) and "Want To Trade" (WTT) will be coming soon. If you currently have a sales thread over at CPFMarketPlace.com, you are more than welcome to re-post it here. If you would like the thread on CPFMP to be closed, just send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to take care of it for you. If you would like to post a link to your new sale here at CPF over in your thread at CPFMP, please do!

Please note: I will eventually (in about a month?) be closing the CPFMP forums to NEW threads. And then the goal will be to close the forums to new posts and make them read-only. Don't worry... we'll do this gradually. But it is going to happen.

The next thing you need to know is that the support you will get WITHIN the Panjo MarketPlace will be from the Panjo staff - NOT the CPF staff. BUT - the CPF staff will be taking care of your sale threads within the forums. Yes, that includes moderating, etc. The Panjo staff is VERY cool and VERY helpful! They have been invaluable to me over the past week and I honestly cannot thank them enough for their assistance. This is one impressive thing they've got going on and I'm glad we can be a part of it as it continues to grow.

Ok - so let's have at it! Go give it a workout!

Default Re: The NEW MarketPlace

One more note -

At this time the Custom and Modder B/S/T forums and sellers are NOT part of the NEW MarketPlace. That may or may not come later.

This sounds great and a 3% fee is equitable for non-supporters. Hope it works!

CandlePowerForums App

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

...a third party host(Panjo) was contracted(subscribed flat rate) in order to generate extra revenue(3% per sale from nonsubscribed to cpfers) for CPF operators? :P
    Last edited by dc38; 02-10-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    -I am no law abiding citizen. I am merely not a lawbreaker.
    -Guilty until proven innocent.
    -If it can be conceived by humans, then it can be unravelled by humans.

Quote Originally Posted by dc38 View Post
    ...a third party host(Panjo) was contracted(subscribed flat rate) in order to generate extra revenue(3%) for CPF operators? :P
    I'm not really sure what you're asking? Are you asking me how much I am paying Panjo?

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I'm not really sure what you're asking? Are you asking me how much I am paying Panjo?
    Not at all, lol...im just picking my brain and stating an observation and poking at the operational changes to CPFMP...I personally encourage creative entrepreneurship.
    -I am no law abiding citizen. I am merely not a lawbreaker.
    -Guilty until proven innocent.
    -If it can be conceived by humans, then it can be unravelled by humans.

Quote Originally Posted by dc38 View Post
    Not at all, lol...im just picking my brain and stating an observation and poking at the operational changes to CPFMP...I personally encourage creative entrepreneurship.
    AH! Well for the record... not a dime! Their software is part of the vBulletin software package and I have just never used it.

Thx Greta! Is the new market place accessible via the phone app, or just full browser for now? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Quote Originally Posted by Thud1023 View Post
    Thx Greta! Is the new market place accessible via the phone app, or just full browser for now? Thx

I don't think so - But with my next project (starting next week), I will be working on a new mobile app and if all goes according to plan, it will be accessible with that.

Edit added: For now - if you check the "What's New?" on the mobile app, you will be able to see new sales threads. They should be obvious.

Default The NEW MarketPlace

Sounds like a plan : )

Oh, cool. Thx!

I recently became a supporter on CPFMP forums, with that supporter subscription transition over here?

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrat View Post
    I recently became a supporter on CPFMP forums, with that supporter subscription transition over here?
    Not at this time because CPFMP is still active and available.

2. So you click on the "Sell an Item" button. A new page will open and you will then fill out the form. It's pretty simple! And you will be asked for a PayPal address. This is so you can get paid directly from your buyer with the click of a button. This is also in case you are not a CPF Supporter and are therefore subject to a listing fee (we'll get to that in a minute). You cannot opt out of this. You will need to associate a PayPal account with your sale.
    If I am reading this right all someone has to do is click the button in your sales thread and send paypal? That may generate a lot of refunds as some of us have regional and other conditions of sale.
    I believe this is the wave of the future and more than likely a good thing but wonder why a custom or mod-ed would be exempt?
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    If I am reading this right all someone has to do is click the button in your sales thread and send paypal? That may generate a lot of refunds as some of us have regional and other conditions of sale.
    I believe this is the wave of the future and more than likely a good thing but wonder why a custom or mod-ed would be exempt?
    You will be able to set terms when you list your sale. I'm sure there will be instances such as you describe but... well... there are issues everywhere, I guess.

The Custom and Modded B/S/T will be dealt with soon. A THIS TIME - they are not included in this.

Edit added: You are welcome to sell Custom and Modded items in the NEW MarketPlace if you want. But I am not going to force those who already have sales threads and/or who are inclined to using the Custom and Modded B/S/T forum here on CPF to use the NEW MarketPlace at this time.
    Last edited by Greta; 02-10-2015 at 10:55 PM.

You will be able to set terms when you list your sale. I'm sure there will be instances such as you describe but... well... there are issues everywhere, I guess.
    True there are always those who do not read what is posted.

True there are always those who do not read what is posted.
    herding cats....

herding cats....
    MEOW.
    So once the forums are back together will Cheers and Jeers return or will there be a new feedback system? Does this Panjo offer a feedback method?
    Is there a prize for the first listing?

MEOW.
    So once the forums are back together will Cheers and Jeers return or will there be a new feedback system? Does this Panjo offer a feedback method?
    Is there a prize for the first listing?
    There has been a new Cheers 'N Jeers forum here on CPF for the past week - I even referred someone in the Cafe to it... posting a link! No takers so far. Ummm... feedback... Yes, I believe there is a feedback system. You will be able to click on a seller and see how many other sales they have and feedback.

Oh! And the prize you get for the first listing is my undying gratitude!

Oh! And the prize you get for the first listing is my undying gratitude!
    I guess I better get my badge on and round something up...

I guess I better get my badge on and round something up...
    I just love a man with a badge...

I just love a man with a badge...
    Uh.................hm........... where do I get me a badge........

Found it!
    Last edited by Beamhead; 02-10-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Uh.................hm........... where do I get me a badge........

Found it!

OH!! I need to make that easier to find, don't I? On it!

OH!! I need to make that easier to find, don't I? On it!
    Maybe a link to that could be a sticky in the new marketplace. I know I had to hunt for it the last time my "supportership" expired. I have a crummy memory for stuff like that

I am not 100% following this yet, will have to get my head around it, I'm sure I will work it out. So where is the link to this sales page?
    WTB: All things SUREFIRE with CROSSHAIR LOGO or RARE/LIMITED EDITIONS

Ok, I think I just found it, top right hand corner, I will check it out...

As a suggestion, can we have the categories extended to BRAND's as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Lomandor View Post
    As a suggestion, can we have the categories extended to BRAND's as well?
    Maybe someday... if this gets a decent enough response. But not at the present.

Maybe someday... if this gets a decent enough response. But not at the present.
    responce? I don't think people will have much choice if you are closing CPFM

I think I listed a light? I don't see it on the forum.... I edited it to be in LED flashlights and parts but it stays in spotlights lol.
    Last edited by Beamhead; 02-10-2015 at 11:47 PM.

I see the listing.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast