Trying to find a tiny UV light for art projects.

john the fisherman

Newly Enlightened
As the title says Im looking for a tiny UV flashlight. Something long the lines of ~1/2" to ~1" in diameter and around 1" in length with as many UV leds as possible. In my eyes it would run off of a (or multiple) round flat batteries and have a push button on/off switch on the back.

A light up ear gauge/plug is almost exactly what i need but I can't find any with a UV led in them.

Im willing to consider getting a custom flashlight made if I could just find out information about how one goes about it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

John

Norm

Retired Administrator
Peak LED Solutions will custom make for you. I had them make me a 1AA light with three Nichea 275NM LEDS in brass.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the title says Im looking for a tiny UV flashlight. Something long the lines of ~1/2" to ~1" in diameter and around 1" in length with as many UV leds as possible.

For that size, how many LED's are you hoping for and how much run time do you expect?

john the fisherman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Norm

Mr Floppy, Im thinking 3 to 5 leds and 4 to 6 hours run time although the more the merrier on both accounts.

Id say the minimum run time I could work with is 2 hours.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any Lowes or HD should have very cheap and small UV LED flashlights either in their tool section and/or where they display their M*glights. Id be amazed if you even had to spend $12 and it is highly likely that they will have a half dozen cheap UV LEDs in the heads I bought one myself a couple years ago. about an inch wide or a bit more at the head and 2 and a half maybe 3 inches long...good luck.

john the fisherman

Newly Enlightened
Interesting CelticCross74, Ill check those out.

Im also open to the idea of a generic cylinder shape light if I could find one around 1" or less by 2" to 4" if the UV LEDs were down the side instead of on one end.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im also open to the idea of a generic cylinder shape light if I could find one around 1" or less by 2" to 4" if the UV LEDs were down the side instead of on one end.

Not a light in itself but around 4 inches/10cm, you can get a UV light strip with 3 UV LED's powered off a small 12V LR50 battery.