Wolf-Eyes M90 Rattlesnake - help converting to LED?

Johan

Newly Enlightened
I have a wolf-eyes M90 rattlesnake with the extension to accomodate 3 x LRB168. (3 wolf-eyes branded 18650 2200mah batteries)

Currently I have the stock 300 lumen incandescent bulb in it. For a while I used the lumens factory EO-13 700 lumen bulb, and it was nice, but I broke the bulb on accident.

Is there anyway to convert one of these lamp assemblies to fit a cree XM-L/XM-L2 or MT-G2 LED? They have some D36 LED assemblies on lumens factory but I was informed the only one that will fit the M90 is the "High Output Cree XR-E, R2 LED (Max Output 320 Lumens)". The XML versions do not fit the M90.

Would I be better off to buy an XR-E lamp and try to drop in an XM-L, or take one of my incan bulbs and mod it to fit an XM-L?

I am using 3 x 18650 so need to take account the driver/led will see ~12 volt.

Any ideas guys, to get me started?

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a wolf-eyes M90 rattlesnake with the extension to accomodate 3 x LRB168. (3 wolf-eyes branded 18650 2200mah batteries)

Currently I have the stock 300 lumen incandescent bulb in it. For a while I used the lumens factory EO-13 700 lumen bulb, and it was nice, but I broke the bulb on accident.

Is there anyway to convert one of these lamp assemblies to fit a cree XM-L/XM-L2 or MT-G2 LED? They have some D36 LED assemblies on lumens factory but I was informed the only one that will fit the M90 is the "High Output Cree XR-E, R2 LED (Max Output 320 Lumens)". The XML versions do not fit the M90.

Would I be better off to buy an XR-E lamp and try to drop in an XM-L, or take one of my incan bulbs and mod it to fit an XM-L?

I am using 3 x 18650 so need to take account the driver/led will see ~12 volt.

Any ideas guys, to get me started?

I'd be interested in this as well, a warm or neutral led solution for wolf eyes I can d26 and d36 lights. Lumens Factory led lamps don't fit.