HDS Lanyard Pics

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for ideas of attaching a lanyard to an HDS.

Im sure theres lot's of creative stuff out there and would love to see some pics!

Thanks!

- Forrest

darwin

Newly Enlightened
Not really a lanyard... (though in an earlier iteration, also pictured, it was technically a lanyard)... But I made some bite guards for two of mine:

16375931358_e45795dfb8_c.jpg

5367555858_eb6c9160ee_z.jpg

CLBME

Enlightened
Hi ForrestChump,

I've experimented with several ideas over the years with my Ra and HDS lights. The one I keep coming back to is either a Gaucho knot or turk's head knot over a loop. The loop allows for the attachment of various lanyards. I wear my 170 when out plowing using the neck lanyard shown. I also have wrist lanyards that can be clipped in the same spot. Of course, a decorative lanyard can also be attached. My twisty is a bit easier to handle given the hole in the battery tubes. The Turk's head or Gaucho knot also makes a great place to bite as noted. There are simpler methods for tying such as a constrictor knot, etc.

[/URL]

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ForrestChump,

Hey CLBME, That last battery tube on the bottom.... coming out of the hole, what 2 knots do we have there? Not for the HDS but that is an exact setup I need on a small neck knife. Maybe I can modify it as well to take a clip on the end for the HDS. I've seen the first knot but forget, the longer bottom knot is SWEET. Thanks!

Last edited: