The Fenix-Store        
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: NEW MarketPlace - Issues, Questions and Answers

Default Re: NEW MarketPlace - Issues, Questions and Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Up All Night View Post
    You're not alone, I would spend almost as much time on the MP as I do on CPF proper. Seems its demise has taken something intangible with it.
    I spent much more time on cpfmp and actually sold there but it is not my forum so Greta has every right to do whatever she wants with it. Some people actually like Panjo. I preferred cpfmp but I still feel lucky to be a member of a great flashlight community.

Default NEW MarketPlace - Issues, Questions and Answers

As a temporary fix for the traffic problem, maybe the incandescent, budget, headlamp, and batteries sub-forums could be combined until traffic gets "busy" again. It would make it easier to browse the overall flashlight marketplace in one place and make things seem livelier. Even in the old marketplace, the headlamp section was always dead, which made me reluctant to even bother checking it.

I suppose the Mall serves the same purpose, but as a 99% of the time mobile/Tapatalk user, the mall isn't optimized for mobile devices yet.
    Last edited by Slumber Pass; 04-04-2015 at 02:09 AM.

Ok gentlemen... thank you for all of the feedback. I have some thinking to do on this so bear with me just a little bit longer. (Few days?) We'll come up with a solution that hopefully will make most of you a little happier at least. Just stick with me, ok?

As a permanent fix, maybe combining all flashlight related subforums together, including the LED flashlights, permanently! Having all flashlight related sale threads together in CPFM, I believe had a lot to do with the overall comunity feel, with the added convenience of being able to quickly scan all the sales thread at a glance and being able to quickly jump in & out of a threads and leave comments with little time and effort.

I also know the solution is not as simple as that and dew to the new setup, by doing so, may create other problems later if it does pick up again.

For whatever reason, I now barely visit the MP for weeks on end, it feels like a lot of effort for something that used to feel easy and lost its local vibe. I used to visit the old CPFM regularly, often 2-3 times a day.

Merging CPFM with CPF I believe was a great move but I am still not sold on the rest.
    I am not trying to sound negative and this is not intended to bag out the new system, just like many, I gave the new system a go and this is my take from my experience (although I know it is similar for many others), though of course, what's right for me might not be right for others. I love CPF around the people around here.

I know that some will argue the sub forums are just a click away, but for me, it is one click to many and that one click is what is separating me from the rest of the community.

I would kinda compare it with catching up with your mates at the local bar for a few cold ones, but when you got there, the bar tender tells you they only serve Samuel Adams Boston Lager, upstairs however has Miller lite and the bar across the road sells Guinness while your other buddy is all Budweiser...

...or having a big dinner party at the table, instead, Joe is eating steak at the table, Bob has his microwave meal in front of the computer and Jenni is watching a movie in front of the box with her popcorn and soda. "Jenni, can you turn the TV down! I can't hear myself eating my dinner"...

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    As a temporary fix for the traffic problem, maybe the incandescent, budget, headlamp, and batteries sub-forums could be combined until traffic gets "busy" again. It would make it easier to browse the overall flashlight marketplace in one place and make things seem livelier. Even in the old marketplace, the headlamp section was always dead, which made me reluctant to even bother checking it.
    Last edited by Lomandor; 04-04-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    WTB: All things SUREFIRE with CROSSHAIR LOGO or RARE/LIMITED EDITIONS

Ummm... I'm not real sure where you all got the idea that bandwidth is a problem. It isn't. But honestly? I'm too tired of posting the same things over and over again only to have maybe one person actually read it. Everyone complains I don't explain things enough - so I explain things. And no one reads it or cares and just goes off on their own tangent thinking they know everything and, of course, better. My favorite though is when others only catch a couple of words here and there from these supposed experts and then they run with that and next thing ya know.... it's a bandwidth issue!!! OMG!!!!

I Personally don't think bandwidth or tapatalk has anything to do with the problem.
    WTB: All things SUREFIRE with CROSSHAIR LOGO or RARE/LIMITED EDITIONS

Nope.
    Godbless

Default NEW MarketPlace - Issues, Questions and Answers

No bandwidth problems here. The traffic problem I was referring to was the lack of traffic in the MP.
    Last edited by Slumber Pass; 04-05-2015 at 11:22 AM.

PLUS 1!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    No bandwidth problems here. The traffic problem I was referring to was the lack of traffic in the MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    I would love to try everyone's suggestions for the mall, but I keep getting "The server is too busy at the moment" errors. Eliminating/downsizing CPFMP has only added to this problem.

I cannot blame Greta for wanting more time away from here, but I do feel there were many other options available to implement that would have gone much smoother than a graphic intensive listing partner of Panjo. Panjo has partnered with vBulletin, and have offered their new services to all forums running the vBulletin software, it's a built in plugin for the new software.

My biggest gripe with the new system is bandwidth. There are many users, including mobile devices, that limit the amount of data sent and received. These users will now have to pay extra if they exceed their allotted data. I understand that this issue can be circumvented using the MP listings in a different way.

I would support a text only version of Panjo if possible. Most users that only have 15 minutes to list or buy an item listed, do not have the extra time involved compared to how it used to be on CPFMP. Ex. You were allowed to post I'll take it on a 15 minute break and followup later from home. This has been nullified with what is in place now.

The new kiosks forum threads are great, but need to be more easily accessed than they are now. The Kiosks forum should be separated from the WTS category, only because those on mobile devices are required to make adjustments in their view in order to see this new forums link.

I do not use mobile for CPF, so it does not directly impact me as much as other mobile users. Hats off to Panjo for their efforts to try and make it OK for everyone using this new format. Just my $0.02.
    GL
    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Ummm... I'm not real sure where you all got the idea that bandwidth is a problem. It isn't. But honestly? I'm too tired of posting the same things over and over again only to have maybe one person actually read it. Everyone complains I don't explain things enough - so I explain things. And no one reads it or cares and just goes off on their own tangent thinking they know everything and, of course, better. My favorite though is when others only catch a couple of words here and there from these supposed experts and then they run with that and next thing ya know.... it's a bandwidth issue!!! OMG!!!!

Ummm, I guess that would be me Apologies.

My comments concerned the amount of extra Data downloaded and received deducted from one's ISP plans allowances, not on the CPF servers' end. I referred to this as 'bandwidth' because it described one's monthly allotted data usage, not a speed issue at all, I am sorry for my poor choice of words, and apologize to everyone.
    I tried reloading a page a few times during a peak server activity period. I was able to resubmit and it loaded fine. Like Greta just explained, it is not a bandwidth issue reaching and communicating with the server.
    GL

I wish I had a real suggestion. I just lost interest in selling. I did a big sell off before the switch. I'd still sell stuff but have not wanted to venture into the new system. I agree that the old system fostered a better sense of community. It's just a shame it was so much work for Greta. I realize that's not really fair. I guess I'll hold off and see if future changes restore the old "feel".

I can not print postage after I receive funds from Panjo from my PP account. Is this correct? There is no option.

If someone simply sends me a payment through PP, I have the option to print postage...

I log into USPS separately to do it long hand and they do not allow printing first class this way, you have to buy stamps.

I am now fumbling around to get my sold items to the buyers in a prompt manner.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by ForrestChump; 04-07-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestChump View Post
    I can not print postage after I receive funds from Panjo from my PP account. Is this correct? There is no option.

If someone simply sends me a payment through PP, I have the option to print postage...

I log into USPS separately to do it long hand and they do not allow printing first class this way, you have to buy stamps.

I am now fumbling around to get my sold items to the buyers in a prompt manner.

Suggestions?
    You can print postage (to anyone) using this link...

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&

Drop off at PO?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmaster View Post
    You can print postage (to anyone) using this link...

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&

Well..... I know Im not the only one that doesn't know about that and I have shipped hundreds of packages. Glad I posted anyway thanks for the cowbell!

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Drop off at PO?
    Yes, pre the above, I would have had to wait in line. This is like the DMV in my neck of the woods. People get to the counter and are lost in time and space like they just teleported there from a different universe.

Thanks again, good link.

This thread is now closed and continued HERE.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112