• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Repairs?

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
Due to an unfortunate washing machine incident, my Mule has packed up. It was ok for a while then was a little difficult to turn on and now it just fades from off to full brightness when turned on.

Is there any kind of repair service available?

maro69camaro

Newly Enlightened
Did you open up the LE and make sure it's dry inside? Worst case I'm sure datiLED aka Derek could fix or build you a replacement.

scout24

Flashaholic
Have you emailed Don? I'm sure he would work with you if it was one of his LE's. I have washed McGizmo lights more than once, surprised you had a problem... (Try a brand new battery first?)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
It sounds like the light might be attempting to calibrate and is not finishing either because you are turning it off before it does or the present battery doesn't have enough power. Have you tried turning it on and then letting it run for a minute or two? If it is a calibrations issue, it should ramp up to bright and then ultimately go down to low and stay in low. At that point it's calibrated and should function properly. If you can't get it sorted out, you can contact me via e-mail and send it to me for evaluation.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to an unfortunate washing machine incident, my Mule has packed up. It was ok for a while then was a little difficult to turn on and now it just fades from off to full brightness when turned on.

Is there any kind of repair service available?

Tell you what... I will trade you a Fenix E01 for your Mule.

:)

Pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it and even if there is, it can be fixed.