Help this old man out...what is the best 18650 protected battery for my Nitecore MH10

rrs

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone!!!!
I'm very new to all of this and would appreciate your help and advice. I just bought a Nitecore MH10. I have done a lot of research and I'm still unsure of what
18650 protected battery is best for me (and my light).
Your thoughts, please.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Berneck1

Enlightened
I have been using Eagletac batteries for quite a while now. They have always gotten good reviews. A little pricey, but definitely perform better than the cheap batteries out there.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone!!!!
I'm very new to all of this and would appreciate your help and advice. I just bought a Nitecore MH10. I have done a lot of research and I'm still unsure of what
18650 protected battery is best for me (and my light).
Your thoughts, please.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Basically - don't worry about it too much.

Unless you have a specific need for the "best", then most of us can get by with sufficient.

What country are you in and how quickly do you want to get the battery?

Personally in a light like this I'd actually opt for an IMR battery, these are safer and don't have protection circuits.

I would recommend the Efest 3100mAh 20A purple.

I'm sure the Nitecore you are using has a low voltage warning or cutoff, although it's quite obvious when a battery is down on power, as MAX output won't look as bright.

I'm in the UK and usually buy these from ebay from a UK seller.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using Eagletac batteries for quite a while now. They have always gotten good reviews. A little pricey, but definitely perform better than the cheap batteries out there.

Sorry, but this is slightly misleading. There is nothing wrong with the EagleTac batteries, but it doesn't mean they are better than any battery that costs less than they do.

There are plenty of 'cheaper' batteries that will match or exceed the EagleTacs.

Berneck1

Enlightened
Help this old man out...what is the best 18650 protected battery for my Nitec...

Sorry, but this is slightly misleading. There is nothing wrong with the EagleTac batteries, but it doesn't mean they are better than any battery that costs less than they do.

There are plenty of 'cheaper' batteries that will match or exceed the EagleTacs.

I guess this is true, but I have had some cheap 18650's that have died on me. Never had that problem with the Eagletacs. May just be luck.

If you have some suggestions, I'd like to hear them also.

rrs

Newly Enlightened
Re: Help this old man out...what is the best 18650 protected battery for my Nitec...

Many thanks to you that responded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help this old man out...what is the best 18650 protected battery for my Nitec...

I use the Nitcore branded 18650 3400mah batteries and their I2 charger without any issues.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 on Nitecore but anything from a decent vendor has never caused me issues but stay away from fleabay sites is my advice.

bwDraco

Newly Enlightened

Agree with @mcnair55. Get good name-brand batteries from a reputable vendor. I personally get my flashlight stuff from B&H Photo. I've been using Nitecore batteries for a while and have been happy, but B&H also sells Olight 18650s—I'd probably recommend those cells as they're cheaper for about the same level of quality. Batteries from well-known flashlight manufacturers such as Nitecore, Fenix, or Olight are usually good choices, but note that the Fenix batteries are flat-top and may not make contact if the positive contact is recessed.

There's way too much fake stuff on eBay so I don't recommend it. Amazon is better but you still need to be careful—there are many Marketplace sellers who sell fake products so be sure of the seller you're buying from and read the reviews before ordering. Also, be sure to avoid *Fire brands (unless it's SureFire); too many of these are fakes and it's not worth the lower cost.

—DragonLord

Last edited:

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 on Nitecore but anything from a decent vendor has never caused me issues but stay away from fleabay sites is my advice.
Bad advice though. Sure some listings are not worth it, but many are fine. In fact a lot of shops sell via ebay anyhow.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bad advice though. Sure some listings are not worth it, but many are fine. In fact a lot of shops sell via ebay anyhow.

Disagree chappy, of course there is ligit but loads of so called sellers buying rejects and b grade and passing them on as new so if you are a novice to the flea you keep away or we will read yet another sob story that happens every other day on this site.