Just ordered some IMREN IMR 32650 cells for my 2D Maglite!!!!!!!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I have several 2D Maglites with MTG2's all in direct drive and some 1D Maglites with XML2. I got these IMREN IMR 32650's to have better performance from my builds.

http://www.imrbatteries.com/32650-batteries/

The better the cell the higher tailcap currents I get. I will have to compare it against my Keepower IMR 26650 and Protected Keepower 26650.

I been using a PVC spacer and last night the IMR 26650 plastic sleeve peeled off and totally annoying as heck to use a spacer. Than we have the Protected Keepower 26650's which will not turn on at all with some of my MTG2 Mag builds due to 5A plus at tailcap. Mad and upset I took a gamble and hope these IMREN IMR 32650's truly do perform.

Best,
bigC

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting.
FYI: I use 26650's in my Mags. I stopped using the PVC spacers and such. Now I use Orings. They work super well. I put 2 on each cell and have NO RATTLE!!!! Try different sizes and you will get a nice snug fit.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
No protection on the cells , if 10,000mah goes off. :poof:

John.

Protection's not going to stop that anyway, remember? If you've got a good charger and a driver with a low voltage cut off, you've effectively got all the protection a protection circuit offers, anyway.