High Power LED Flashlights

stollman

Enlightened
I have read about the Niwalker flashlight that uses (2) MT-G2's. It has an output over 5000 lumen, but due to the lack of heat sinks, it can't run on "high" for a long period of time.

Is there an LED light with a similar output that can be run on high for at least 15-20 minutes (neutral color)?

Thanks,
Mike

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't help you with your question, but can tell you the "Niwalker" numbers are likely bogus. Do not buy.

Someone will jump in soon with a recommendation.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the ArmyTek Barracuda. It is not quite that level of claimed output, but it has a advertised constant output. They have a newer light in the works with more power, not sure if it is a constant output.

Travelmate

Newly Enlightened
Forget about running in TURBO mode for long time in those coke-can size lights.

I've the NIWLAKER MM15. In TURBO mode I can hold it for less than 5 minutes before it becomes too hot to hold in my bare hands. In HIGH mode I can hold it for about 15 minutes before it becomes too hot to hold again.

I'm also looking for one which can allow me to hold in HIGH mode (not TURBO) for more than 30 minutes for my work use. The NITECORE TM06 looks good in HIGH mode (1500 lumens) but it'll step down to MEDIUM mode (480 lumens) after 5 to 8 minutes which is too low for my work purpose.

Another one which looks good could be the OLIGHT SR Mini Intimidator in its Mode 2 (1200 lumens) but, unfortunately, nobody can give a definite answer as to how long it can be held in the bare hand in this mode before it becomes too hot to hold or may be it'll step down before that.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking for light or throw?
The Nitecore TM36 is rated at 1.1 km for throw with an 1800 lumen turbo mode and 800 lumen high.
The EAX puts out 2000 lumens, with a throw of 490 meters. It is discontinued, but there are still a lot out there in the channels.
The Nitecore TM06 is rated at 3800 lumens turbo and 1500 high, but with a throw of only 334 meters. It is designed to be floody rather than a thrower.

stollman

Enlightened
I can't help you with your question, but can tell you the "Niwalker" numbers are likely bogus. Do not buy.

Someone will jump in soon with a recommendation.

Most lights have inflated numbers. Many/Most/All of the Skyray LED lights have bogus ratings.

stollman

Enlightened
Looking for a more "floody" tight. Using HID's to reach 5000 lumen, but they are bulky to carry around.

stollman

Enlightened
The MT-G2 LEDs in the NiWalker MM15 are only rated at 1800 lumens per the Cree website. Since this light only has two of them, I don't see how the light spec can be rated over 5000 lumens.

The Thrunite TN36 is about the same size (pop can), and is rated at 6500+ lumens on Turbo. I think the output on this light is exaggerated too. Both are about a $200 light.

Acebeam X60M uses (3) Mt-G2's and is rated at 10,000 lumen. It's a $370 light. Yet again, I think this light is over rated on output.

Still looking around for a legitimate light than can put out 5,000 lumens for a longer period of time.