SNOW !!!

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the middle of one of our rare Southeast snowstorms. Some small localized power outages but nothing in my area. It's been just a lot of wet snow accumulation and no freezing rain at this point so I don't expect to lose power, but I've got the lights ready anyway!!

I went out to my car at about 6pm and raked off about 4 inches worth, and it's still been coming down hard since then.

Anybody else?

Photos:

Lots of people out sledding

2rxyyk0.jpg

a2r9l3.jpg

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
we got a few inches in central Illinois, which is not a big deal. Fortunately, it is fairly cold, so the snow doesn't turn to ice as soon as it is compressed. With warmer temperatures, this can be a big problem and cause troubles for cars.

February is the time of year when I starting fantasizing about spring, but we can get snow as late as the end of March or early April. I'll be happy when all I have to worry about are thunderstorms and tornados. :)

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Growing up as a kid, I can only remember one time that they closed the schools for snow. Back then we had a 28" blizzard. 4-8" snows were just dealt with by kids roving neighborhoods with shovels in hand. A side walk cost a whole dollar to get cleaned.

Later in life, we called snow "white death" as there was constant coverage on TV. The requisite new news face puppet that got to stand out in the mess with a ruler showing you how deep it was getting. Then you had the BMT (bread, milk, toilet paper) folks at the grocery store.

Schools get cancelled any time that they call for snow during the day requiring the parents to either pick up their kid or not send them at all.

I long for the old days.