LSI Night Tracker

woodsman

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience with the night tracker?
They are selling them at cabela's for 100.00.
It looks high quality as far as spotlights go.
And it claims a 3 1/2 hour run time at 500,000 cp.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Woodsman,

I have no experience with this light but please tell us how you plan to use it, do you need a 3 1/2 hour run time, and will it be used from your home, car or what ever. How far or wide do you need to see with this light, sorry for so many questions but when you get into the $100.00 price range there are many options. Please take note that most claims of performance is hype and this has been discussed a good bit around here.

Later
Sway

woodsman

Newly Enlightened
Sway, I would be using it for walking in the forest. I could possibly use a long runtime so I wouldn't have to head back to the truck or camp before I wanted to.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightguy.com has them for 94.95. BG is highly rec'd on this forum. Of course they don't answer my emails, but hey, the prices are very good.

Brightguy also does a much better job describing the light. It's 20 watts, so the idea it's 500,000 is kinda goofy, but still it'll be a nice bright light. Seems like a nice convenient set up. Lead acid batteries are used, which for 100 bucks seem like the cheap way out.

If you want to save a few bucks, you can mod a light to do the same for less than half the cost. Just get a Thor and put in a 20 watt bulb. On the other hand, if you value your time, and don't enjoy messing around (but then I'm not sure why you are a "flashaholic" on CPF) you should get the light!

lots of options, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

cheese

phyhsuts

Enlightened
Are you guys talking about the SR2000? I have one and can say it is very bright for its power (20W is right). Large reflector means narrow beam. Mine has a lamp attachment method that is suspect. I had to modify it before the lamp can be said to be properly mounted against shock. New versions may be better. Uses two 6V 4Ah SLAs in parallel, if the grey cells serve me right. An Osram HLX 64265 (30W) plugs right in. It is kind of big and heavy for taking out for a walk though.

There is no 20W H3 bulb to fit to the Thor/Johnlite 2933 (wired for 12V). But PIAA did (do?) have a 12V 35W H3.

Latest posts