Nee reliable 10440 for Medical Alert Device.

ROBERT29

Newly Enlightened
I have a FreedomAlert medical alert device for a family member. One of those where you push a button and call 911. However the pendant runs on a single 10440 li-ion battery (3.7V, 350 mAh.) The company sells its own batteries through a company called PrimaryVolt.

I've had problems with these batteries sometimes running low way short of their expected life. I can't have my mother calling for 911 and getting an unexpected low battery warning.

I have tried to find the highly rated AW's but have been told they no longer make 10440's.
I've tried the Trustfire and Ultrafire's, so far with good results. But I'm wary of all the bad reviews I've seen.

The charger in the medical device's base was suspect too, so I got an XTAR VP1 charger and it works well. Still, is there a better 10440 out there?

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trustfire and Ultrafire in a medical/emergency device?

My opinion is no, stop, stop. We of CPF use those in crappy non-life-or-death flashlights that we don't care about.

You might want to rethink integrating bottom-tier batteries in a device where undesired operation or failure to function may have fatal results.

The charger is probably ok. Isn't there an approved list? This is a litigation liability.

My opinion, there are others. I am not a lawyer.

Did you void the warranty?

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only non ****fire 10440 battery I've found is the Efest battery.

[h=1]10440 Efest IMR10440 V1 350mAh High Discharge Flat Top[/h]
Illumination Supply and Battery Junction is the supplier.

Efest has a good reputation unlike the ****fire batteries.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two Efest 10440 batteries I got from illumn have worked well for me, probably about a year so far. You should check with the device maker for confirmation of battery substitution, don't you think?

CandlePowerForums App

ROBERT29

Newly Enlightened
The two Efest 10440 batteries I got from illumn have worked well for me, probably about a year so far. You should check with the device maker for confirmation of battery substitution, don't you think?

CandlePowerForums App

I have tried an Efest battery with the flat-top configuration on the positive terminal. I shook the pendant some to mimic the moving around it will get in use. Found a problem - occasionally the battery lost contact with the terminals. But I'll take another look at Efest. The flat-top positive cap may be the problem and there may be a work around.

I'll ask the device maker what I could use in case they go out of business. Otherwise they will insist I use only their PrimaryVolts.

Last edited:

ROBERT29

Newly Enlightened
Trustfire and Ultrafire in a medical/emergency device?

My opinion is no, stop, stop. We of CPF use those in crappy non-life-or-death flashlights that we don't care about.

You might want to rethink integrating bottom-tier batteries in a device where undesired operation or failure to function may have fatal results.

The charger is probably ok. Isn't there an approved list? This is a litigation liability.

My opinion, there are others. I am not a lawyer.

Did you void the warranty?

I don't think I voided the warranty.

I didn't like using the **fires either (hence this post) but the recommended batteries from PrimaryVolt sometimes failed prematurely - which makes me wonder how high-tier they are.

The device maker may be having the same problem I am - a good 10440 is hard to find.