How to hold a 1.5 inch torch on your bicycle.

jawnn

Enlightened
I found this holder on amazon, I had to wait a month for delivery from china. Then after using it a few times the cheap cam lever broke off.

This being the only holder that can handle a 1.5 inch light, I had to fix it. I used a bicycle axle quick-release. Cut and re-thread the shaft with a 5mm x .80 pitch die thread cutter.

It now works much better than it did. Maco is the name or just look for flash light holders.

I used a wide angle lens set vertically to keep the light out of the yes of opposite direction traffic.

small.jpg

desmobob

Enlightened
Ahh... very clever, using the bike quick-release. Great idea!

I'm about to fabricate a flashlight mount for my boat that will clamp on my bow light post and was wondering how to make a convenient quick-release clamp for the light. I was going to use a carriage bolt and wing nut, but the cam clamp would be much better. Thanks to your idea, I'm going to dig through my bicycling stuff and pull out a quick-release for the project.

Take it easy,
Bob

plata0190

Enlightened
Re: Fenix TK35 & Fenix ALB-10

Hi to all, I'm searching a support mount for the handlebar of my MTB that supports 4x18650 flashlights as niwalker MM15 and thrunite TN36.
I seen absolutely nothing online, so decided to ask here. Maybe there are some people that are more informated on this things.

The support have to be compatible with 46mm of diameter for the SX25L23 and 54-55mm of diameter for the MM15 and TN36

Thank you in advance :)

angerdan

Enlightened

Solution 1: Use a dedicated bike light with its own mount (like the Fenix BC30 with internal 2x 18650)
Solution 2: Buy the Nitecore TM15, TM26 or TM36, which hava a tripod mounting port. With that, you can use the FEISOL Bicycle Mount 851308003466
Solution 3: personally i would prefer solution one

Last edited:

jawnn

Enlightened

Looks like the nitecore tm15 could be held in the holder above. But it will not fit the wide angle lens I got from magic shine. You will have to use some kind of metal tube over the head.

If you don't, you will yelled at severely!