HDS 4000k XP-L Neutral thread

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Continued from Market Place.

LET THE TEETH GNASHING BEGIN!

This is an interest thread for an HDS 4000k XP-L Neutral group buy.

We seem to have a lot of interest so,

THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE 4000K GROUP BUY!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!

DEADLINE FOR THIS IS FEBRUARY 15, 2015 AT MIDNIGHT.

The led would be this: Cree XP-L 4000k

OK. Have to put down some group buy rules:
Rule #1 of Group Buy is do not PM Hogo.
Rule #2 of Group Buy is DO NOT PM Hogo.
Rule #3 If a light stops or goes limp, taps out the light is returned to HDS as it's covered by HDS's full lifetime warranty.
Rule #4 Only two guys to a light (that makes no sense at all. Buy your own. Don't share)
Rule #5 One light at time. (I'll only run one group buy at a time. I'm too old and have killed too many brain cells with Sailor Jerry to keep track of any more than that)
Rule #6 No shirts, no shoes. (but holsters are ok.)
Rule #7 Lights will go on as long as they have to. (Well, no. I'm putting a limit of a few weeks on this. You will find the deadline in post #1 when it's decided.)
Rule #8 If this is your first Group Buy, you have to buy!

Why Rule #1 and #2? Well, two reasons. First, everyone benefits from questions you may have, so just post them here. Second, my PM box fills up fast. If you need to get in touch with me outside the forum, my email is: hogokansatsukan (the symbol) gmail.com I have no problem answering emails, and if I don't respond within 24 hours, send it again.

If you want to be officially added, email me at hdsgroupbuy (at) gmail.com (yes, it's new!)

If you don't email me, then you won't be on the build list, and won't get email updates, and will end up gnashing your teeth having missed this opportunity.

I will close this Group Buy on February 15, then take payment until February 24th. Details of which will be included in an email to those who officially want in on the Group Buy.
The emitters will then be purchased on the 24th, shipped to me, and I will hand deliver them to HDS as I have done in the past. Once they are delivered to HDS, expect 4-6 weeks for the lights to be made. When completed, I will be shipping them out via USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box which cost $5.80 for CONUS and $23.50 for overseas (this is actual cost.) If you want it insured, let me know. I ship at cost, so whatever the post office charges me, that is the rate.

Like the other group buy threads, please post:

1. Interface (clicky, rotary, tactical, etc)
2. Battery tube (123, 18650, AA) I don't see 18350 listed here. Do you? There is a reason for that IT'S NOT AVAILABLE!!!!!! Only Clicky lights can have the extended tubes right now. If you the decision holds on the extended tube for Rotary or Tactical. Please don't post here.
3. Tail (extended or flush)
4. Bezel (black or silver)

Cost on a 123 would be about $299, for 123 tube.
add $49 for 2AA tube
add $42 for 18650 tube.

There will not be an 18650 or AA tube for Rotary or Tactical lights available in this group buy. If that changes, I will post it here.
18350 tubes are not available anywhere, and are not even listed on the HDS sight as being out of stock. Guys, I know I'm pretty darned incredible, but I can't pull this out of my buttocks! If I could, I wouldn't be in the firearms holster business. I would be in the bathroom all day pulling out HDS parts. While HDS is working on them, there is no timeline on them as of yet. 18650 and AA Rotary/Tactical tubes won't be available until sometime in April, if all things go well.

Hogo.

On Official List:

1. Trip Miller PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Extended, Black

2. Cosmic Charlie PAID and PAID for 2AA Tube SHIPPED
Clicky, 2AA, Extended, Black

3. ShineOnYouCrazyDi PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Extended, Silver (Silver Universal Pocket Clip)

4. Mottom123 PAID SHIPPED
Clicky, 123, Flush, Silver

5. d13avo PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Flush, Silver (Sapphire Lens)

6. pjanyho PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Flush, Black

7. stapler77 PAID SHIPPED

8. Mtbmurf PAID* and PAID for 18650 Tube SHIPPED
Rotary, 18650 if available otherwise 123 , Flush, Black, Rotary Clip

9. Hotlight PAID GOING TO D.O. Waiting on perfectly centered HiCRI
LE Clicky, 18650, Extended, Black

10. A.D.D.i.c.t. PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Flush, Black bezel. Holster (design to be determined)

11. Tixx PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Flush, Silver, small kydex holster.

12. GamblerS4 PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Flush, Silver

13. Jonas PAID PAID for 18650 Tube SHIPPED
Rotary, 18650, Flush, Silver
Leather holster in dark red with black edges and Punisher logo

14. westfork PAID
Tactical, 2AA, Extended, Silver Longboat holster (Have to change it to a 2AA tube. My bad.)
Need your shipping address. Email sent. Getting old just isn't easy.

15. txsilver PAID and PAID for 2AA Tube SHIPPED
Rotary, 2AA, Extended, Black

16. FroggyTaco PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 18650 if available, Extended, Silver

17. hombreluhrs PAID and Paid for Cerakote Crimson SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Flush (would like it Crimson)

18. hatman PAID and paid for 18650 SHIPPED
Rotary, 18650,Extended, Black (Rotary Clip)

19. KDM PAID and PAID for 18650 Tube SHIPPED
Clicky, 18650, Flush, Black

20. sledhead PAID and PAID for 18650 Tube SHIPPED
Rotary, 18650, Flush, Black

21. Darwin PAID and PAID for 18650 Tube SHIPPED
Rotary, 18650, Flush, Black

22. mau91 PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Extended, Black

23. greatscoot PAID SHIPPED
Rotary, 123, Flush, Zombie Green

24. Abarth. PAID SHIPPED

Last edited:

darwin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for starting the new thread here. Very excited for this.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay I'm on the list! Thanks Hogo.

So who else on this group buy can tell me about the availability of extended bodies, AA and 18650 or what ever size Henry is going to make them.

darwin

Newly Enlightened
Here is what Dan sent us regarding the extended tubes, hope he doesn't mind that I'm posting it here. If he does, I'm happy to delete it :)

*Personal communication removed by Greta... please see Rule #12.

Last edited by a moderator:

rumack

Enlightened
Whoa - 2AA and 18650 tubes for flush clickies are available on group buys?!? I need to start watching this forum for future opportunities.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the time the LEDs are on the pills and HDS is ready to put the pills in the heads... then on the bodies, there is a very good chance that 2AA and 18650 tubes will be available. Of course, that also means there is a chance they won't be, but a good chance they will be.

redryder

Enlightened
Hogo, do you know when the lights(me=rotary) will be ready? I have a camping trip in April. I would love to use the light but I expect they won't be done by then.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, do you know when the lights(me=rotary) will be ready? I have a camping trip in April. I would love to use the light but I expect they won't be done by then.

I don't know exactly. The LEDs are at the place that puts them on the pills, and they can be a bit slow. I'm hoping they are done and in folks hands by mid April at the latest. I just don't have control over the timeline.

redryder

Enlightened
I don't know exactly. The LEDs are at the place that puts them on the pills, and they can be a bit slow. I'm hoping they are done and in folks hands by mid April at the latest. I just don't have control over the timeline.

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll have to use one of my other five HDS lights. :)

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I take it the same applies as over at the hyper red group buy, LEDs are still at the place that puts them on the pills?

Hogo, can you email me the info on battery tube availability, just don't want to miss out, thanks.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I take it the same applies as over at the hyper red group buy, LEDs are still at the place that puts them on the pills?

Hogo, can you email me the info on battery tube availability, just don't want to miss out, thanks.

Once the pills are done, I'll post here and send out an email on the battery tubes.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Extended tubes for 18650 and 2AA Clicky and Rotary are a go. Henry stated they would be ready.

Emails were sent!

Hogo

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know what happened? I canceled the first transaction and then resent it. Let me know if you receive it.

I copied and pasted the payment address from the email on the first try.?

darwin

Newly Enlightened
Hogo, I haven't received an email yet. Should I submit the extra payment for the 18650 tube now?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, I haven't received an email yet. Should I submit the extra payment for the 18650 tube now?

Weird. I just double checked my e-mail list and your on it.
I sent it from my thorshammerleather email so maybe your spam filter grabbed it.
Yes, you can PP now for the tube.

e-mail stated that both Clicky and Rotary 18650 and 2AA tubes will be ready for this build.
18650 tubes are $42 extra
2AA are $49 extra
You can PP me at the thorshammerleather (the at symbol) gmail.com

Hogo

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
Weird. I just double checked my e-mail list and your on it.
I sent it from my thorshammerleather email so maybe your spam filter grabbed it.
Yes, you can PP now for the tube.

e-mail stated that both Clicky and Rotary 18650 and 2AA tubes will be ready for this build.
18650 tubes are $42 extra
2AA are $49 extra
You can PP me at the thorshammerleather (the at symbol) gmail.com

Hogo
Hogo, I did get the email on 18650 and 2AA tubes but nothing on cerakote price. It looks like I'm the only one on this run who wants Crimson cerakote :shrug:. O well ....let me know the cost of cerakote and I'll send pp right over. Thanks man