LED light bar (spotlight)... random questions

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just emailed them through their website. I'll let you know what they say if/when they respond.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are few photos of it where circuit board is visible, the leds look like xp-e\g.

MITscienceTech

Newly Enlightened
I have a 30" Hanma LED bar which is great for them long dark highways were more like is welcome.

Good luck so far with the unit at a fraction of the cost.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 30" Hanma LED bar which is great for them long dark highways were more like is welcome.
More light is often welcome, but if this bar oversaturates the foreground with light, it could be detrimental. Even in the absence of other traffic, vehicle lighting must conform to certain standards.

Which model are you talking about?

Good luck so far with the unit at a fraction of the cost.
So long as there's no hidden cost, such as the cost of an avoidable accident that the light bar could have contributed to. There's also the matter of other standards, such as IEC 60529. You may have seen International Protection Markings like IP65. Does this product bear that mark? Is the mark forged? Your good luck could turn sour if the light suddenly quits when you need it, due to poor build quality.

fastgun

Enlightened
That does seem a little low. Bulldog makes some excellent lights that are rated at 350-400 per led.
I'd rather have a true 250 than a falsely claimed 700 and get who knows what.

EDIT: I just went to the Bulldog site and several of the current model larger bars are in the same ballpark as the Rigid.

Last edited:

Fadelight

Newly Enlightened
More light is often welcome, but if this bar oversaturates the foreground with light, it could be detrimental. Even in the absence of other traffic, vehicle lighting must conform to certain standards.

I'm talking for offroad use only. 400' out at an absolute maximum.

Another use I've been toying with the idea of is to use one of these light bars as an outside light. I have a pretty big yard, and most lights aren't up to the task. Not sure how the spread would be for this use, though.

I did find some similar units floating around at between $200 and $300. They have a shot of the light without the lenses, and the LEDs look like Q3s to me. Don't know about the higher priced units. If there weren't so many of them, Id buy one of the cheap ones and just replace the LEDs with XP-G2s or something, but that would run through the funds pretty quickly.