battery questions

Chewiekw

Newly Enlightened
I currently use nitecore 3400mAh 3.7v batteries in my flashlights. They are all single cell flashlight. I believe the nitecore batteries I am using are protected batteries? I am buying a thrunite TN35 which takes 3 batteries and I wanted to know if I could use these same batteries in that flashlight? I was told that you should not use protected batteries in flashlights that take more then one batter, is that true?

also I like the nitecore batteries, but can you guys recommend a battery that is comparable but cost less? I would like a large capacity battery 3200mAh or larger. And if protected battles will work in all flashlights would like the batter to be protected.

Thanks for your help with the newbie questions.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides being in the wrong forum, the Nitecore NL189 battery is a good protected 3400 mAh battery

Typically multi cell lights require protected cells so that in the event of un-even discharge you don't reverse charge a battery.

As for the TN32 and what batteries you need, I don't the light so I can't say. If you go the website and download the operation manual it should tell you what cells to use.

The Nitecore battery as well as Keeppower 3400 mAh cells use the same basic Panasonic 18650B cell, only differing in the wrapper and the protection circuit.