Converting a "non-dimmable" LED lamp to "dimmable"

lukaszenko

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, this is my first post here which I decided to make after a lengthy search to my question:

I recently bought the shown (and linked) LED lamp for my ceiling. Unfortunately, I found out after installing and after it was too late to return it, that it is "non-dimmable". I asked around and people tell me there is nothing I can do to change this. However, I find this hard to believe.

Is it possible to somehow make this light dimmable? Would, for example, changing the power supply to a "dimmable" one (such as this or this) make the lamp work with a standard LED wall dimmer?

Or would perhaps putting an LED dimmer between the current power supply and the LEDs (such as this one) let me reliably dim the lamp?
Or is there something about the actual LEDs in this lamp that, as people have been trying to tell me, prevents them from ever being dimmable?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SemiMan

Banned
The Meanwell is work with Triac and other phase-cut dimmer. The second looked like a 0-10V dimmable style .. i.e. need separate dimming lines. Very good chance the LED dimmer will not work. You generally cannot PWM the output of a constant current supply at the output. It will PWM, but the average current will stay the same so net effect is little or bad operation. You may effect a bit of dimming but no guarantees on results.

I have to expect you are better off to buy a whole new one that dims and find another place for this one.

Semiman

CoveAxe

Enlightened
Quite frankly, if you don't know enough about electronics to do this on your own, I would not bother at all and just buy a new one (and even if you were, I would be extremely cautious).

Do you really want to risk burning down your house because you're too cheap to buy ~$50 light?