Can anyone identify these salvaged 18650s?

Patagonicus

Newly Enlightened
I just cracked open an old Acer laptop battery, and I found these four 18650s inside. My attempts at Googling what I assume to be the model number proved unsuccessful. Each one has the same JGLFH35 printed on it, and then an individual unique number listed below that line. There's also a stamped J33A in the side of each pink/red wrapper. The letter "F" is stamped into the negative terminal. The Sharpie writing is my addition.

The casing of the laptop battery said that they were Sanyo cells, and it listed a rated capacity of 2000 mAh for the entire pack. So only 500 mAh for each cell, if I'm not mistaken. That seems really low to me for an 18650, but I'm just beginning to learn about lithium ions, so honestly I could be way off.

Any info (or random thoughts) would be appreciated.

Last edited:

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Inspect the wrap carefully, there will be a slightly visible embossing along it with model name. These are Sanyo cells, 2000mah, if not mistaken.

Patagonicus

Newly Enlightened
Inspect the wrap carefully, there will be a slightly visible embossing along it with model name. These are Sanyo cells, 2000mah, if not mistaken.

I just double-checked all four of them. The only part that's embossed is the "J33A" along the side of each one. Google isn't much help with that.

The mystery continues.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
That's MFG date.

1st=year, J=2005
2nd & 3rd= mfg. week - 33
A is reference.

It's really hard to see the embossing:
URL]

Patagonicus

Newly Enlightened
That's MFG date.

1st=year, J=2005
2nd & 3rd= mfg. week - 33
A is reference.

It's really hard to see the embossing:
URL]

Upon another inspection, there does seem to be some additional extremely faint embossing, but none of them are anywhere near as legible as what your link shows. In fact, there's only one that I can even remotely see anything on besides the J33A. As best I can make out, it says "1337."

CuriousOne

Enlightened
If dots in printing are with large spacing, than there's high probability that print is fake, so they can be any cell you can imagine.

markr6

Flashaholic

That sounds right to me. I pulled 6 from a Sony Vaio laptop recently; I would guess I purchased it around 2009. They all seem fine, holding a charge but I have no use for them at the moment.