Zebralight plans MKIII's and SC63 release for this year

A.marquardt

Enlightened
According to email sent from ZL:

"Department: Sales

Subject: New LED's

No plans for any XHP50/70 lights. SC600/H600 Mk3, H603, and SC63 are planned for this year but I don't know the release dates.

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038"

Exciting news, the SC600 MKII LII was starting to look a little long in the tooth compared to some of the new lights coming out.

Last edited:

desmobob

Enlightened
According to email sent from ZL:

"Department: Sales

Subject: New LED's

No plans for any XHP50/70 lights. SC600/H600 Mk3, H603, and SC63 are planned for this year but I don't know the release dates.

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038"

Exciting news, the SC600 MKII LII was starting to look a little long in the tooth compared to some of the new lights coming out.

Geesh... I have an H600w MkII en route. I was excited until I now found it will be obsolete this year! ;-)

Take it easy,
Bob

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob, don't worry to much. I have a ZLSC600w MkI, and it's FAR from obsolete. The really good lights, like the HC600 and SC600 series, will always be getting LED updates, but that doesn't detract one whit from the usefulness of the older models. Enjoy your new light!~

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
A SC63? I have a SC62, and in the SC63 I would like to see less green in the LED output, and I would like to see a higher output at M1, greater than the current 65 lumen.

And I would like to see the SC600 MkIII become more differentiated from the SC62/63.

Last edited:

desmobob

Enlightened
Bob, don't worry to much. I have a ZLSC600w MkI, and it's FAR from obsolete. The really good lights, like the HC600 and SC600 series, will always be getting LED updates, but that doesn't detract one whit from the usefulness of the older models. Enjoy your new light!~

Thanks for the encouragement, Derek. The H600w MkII will be my first Zebralight, and I'm excited to get it.

Take it easy,
Bob

markr6

Flashaholic
At the ZL pace, it takes a long time to have an obsolete light! The SC63 will make a nice stocking stuffer...for Christmas 2016 :)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't see how the SC62 will be outdated anytime soon. I don't think there's any other light on the market that combines the tiny size, efficiency and advanced regulation quite like the SC62.

Maybe they'll update the Cree versions, but I wonder about the Luxeon version.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
I don't know if the sc62 can be made better? smaller? brighter?
The housing is pretty thin and light already.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really? It still offers PID, which very few other lights do, especially given how small it is. It is still up there with pretty much any other single 18650 for max brightness. It still is very efficient, still has an awesome interface, still has more (and customizable) modes than most lights.

What part of that is "long in the tooth? Seriously, I want to know what your thought process is, maybe I am overlooking something...

Charles L.

Enlightened
What part of that is "long in the tooth? Seriously, I want to know what your thought process is, maybe I am overlooking something...

I was thinking the same thing. I look at the 1x18650 lights that have come out more recently, and think the SC600 MkII L2 is still the superior light.

markr6

Flashaholic
Really? It still offers PID, which very few other lights do, especially given how small it is. It is still up there with pretty much any other single 18650 for max brightness. It still is very efficient, still has an awesome interface, still has more (and customizable) modes than most lights.

Yeah they really need to have both options:
1. SC600II - larger but better heat sinking for those using it on high mode longer. Plus it throws a little further.
2. SC62 - smaller and more comfortable in the pocket but performance is still up there close to the SC600II

The only true upgrade I can think of is a new emitter, which would only be marginally brighter (on paper). Other than that, maybe some cosmetic changes which half will like and the other half will complain about.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just as long as they don't take away my ribbed for her pleasure design.

I think they could do even more to distinguish the SC63 from the SC600 III, where the 600 is the larger, bulkier and meant for prolonged high output, on other words make it slightly bigger --possibly with the 26650, and a larger head (but not to the point of being as big as a tactical light). Zebralight is still coming out with their own tactical lights supposedly, anyways.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vote for improved clip design. An area I feel quite a few manufacturers fall short. A more streamline design also makes a light easier to clip.

kj2

Flashaholic
Planned.. Well their CS said that too about the S6330 MKII that should come at the end of 2014. ATM they still have no idea when or if it will come. Have to see first.. ;)