Maglite bulb tower replacement?

jhp762

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone make a metal tower for the old (non-bi-pin) bulbs or the new bi-pin bulbs? I've looked but haven't found anything so far.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have those c towers made by download, but you have to lose original stop ring that stops original switch from sliding forward, so you only have that 1 screw that holds the switch in place, you may be fine as long as you do not drop it on its head. also the tower is a separate part in C mag, D tower is one piece with switch housing, i never seen anyone made that out of mettal. but if you running bipin bulb, there are better ways than stock tower, if you want to run pr bulb, there is no need for mettal tower, my plastic D tower did fine with rop ho bulb,

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
M*gCharger custom made G4 metal slug can be used to replace stock plastic without any issue in M*g "C" and "D" without destroying cam action.

Plastic original tower can stand almost all G4 bulb heat.

Conte

Enlightened
Yeah, I've used Fivemega's conversion slugs with some pretty hot bulbs and never had a problem.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure the OP mentioned which mag he needed it for.

For a D cells, Fivemega also has that big 6.35 copper dealy that is functionally the same at the metal tower but better.