RMSK, Inc.        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 81

Thread: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    I found today, newest cell from Panasonic/Sanyo.

    - Rated Capacity: 3300mah (0.67A discharge at 20C)
    - Minimum Capacity: 3350mAh (0.67A discharge at 25C)
    - Typical Capacity: 3450mAh (Reference only)
    - Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
    - Discharging End Voltage: 2.5V
    - Charging Current (Std.): 1475mA (other source 1675A)
    - Charging Voltage: 4.20V (+-0.03V)
    - Charging Time (Std.): 4.5 hours (other source 4 hours)
    - Continuous Discharging Current (Max.): 10A
    - Weight: less than 48.0g
    - Dimensions: (D)18.50*(H)65.30mm
    - Operating Temperature
    Charge: 10~ +45C
    Dicharge: -20~ +60C
    - Storing Temperature: -20 ~ +50C



    source: http://www.keeppower.com.cn/products_detail.php?id=504


    Last edited by gopajti; 03-20-2015 at 07:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mountains, VA
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Don't know if it's Keeppower or Panasonic/Sanyo, but the first line in the specification chart lists capacity as 3300mAh. That's no different than the 18650B cells.

  3. #3
    Flashaholic* ChrisGarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    4,638

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNotAgain View Post
    Don't know if it's Keeppower or Panasonic/Sanyo, but the first line in the specification chart lists capacity as 3300mAh. That's no different than the 18650B cells.
    Yep.

    At some point, we start viewing Sanyo and Panasonic as just one brand, although I do believe they are produced in different factories with different R&D staffs.

    Still...

    Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

  4. #4
    Flashaholic* RI Chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ocean State
    Posts
    3,549

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Looks like a Panasonic NCR18650 cell in a Sanyo wrapper. Unprotected cell.
    Last edited by RI Chevy; 03-20-2015 at 11:39 AM.

  5. #5
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    2,177

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    As far as whether it is developed by Sanyo, the discharge curve would say everything. Sanyo batteries have flatter discharge curves, while Panasonic cells have more downsloping curves.

  6. #6
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    I see a few vendors are advertising this as a 3500mAh battery, but that seems a bit optimistic, given the specs in the first post. Illumn.com has a protected version, selling for $14.

    I believe this battery would compete against the LG INR18650-MJ1 and Samsung INR18650-35E
    Last edited by SubLGT; 06-02-2015 at 10:16 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    I see a few vendors are advertising this as a 3500mAh battery, but that seems a bit optimistic, given the specs in the first post. Illumn.com has a protected version, selling for $14.

    I believe this battery would compete against the LG INR1860-MJ1 and Samsung INR18650-35E
    Keeppower IMR18650 - 3500mAh - 10A cont, 20 pulse?
    GOOD TINT!

  8. #8
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    I haven't seen a pulse rating for this battery.
    There is some credible test data for this battery from an ebay vendor in Australia. I would post a link, but it would probably violate CPF rule #3,745,923.
    But you can find it at this discussion:
    http://budgetlightforum.com/node/39784

  9. #9
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    From what I can see Panasonic GA is holding much better voltage @ 8-10 amps - vs. LG Mj1 / continuous load

  10. #10

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Keeppower IMR18650 - 3500mAh - 10A cont, 20 pulse?
    What I expected. Illumn.com confirms this is the KP. I trust them unless someone finds another reliable source saying something else.
    GOOD TINT!

  11. #11
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Let's be more realistic

    orbtronic.com Orbtronic 18650 IMR 3500mAh

    Max Discharge capability - Continuous Current Load: 10A (10000mA)


    Max Discharge capability - Pulse Current: 18A (18000mA)


  12. #12

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Looks like a great cell, but I don't see any button tops available yet
    GOOD TINT!

  13. #13
    Flashaholic* ChrisGarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    4,638

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by space-cowboy View Post
    From what I can see Panasonic GA is holding much better voltage @ 8-10 amps - vs. LG Mj1 / continuous load
    They almost seem to be made on the same assembly line?

    I don't know, but the LG MJ1 has 95% the useable capacity at 10A continuous, that it has at .7A, so it loses only 5% going from .7A to 10A, which is pretty eye opening, at least according to this guy's testing of the MJ1. At 3.5A, it loses 1% of it's .7A capacity, which is just under 3500mAh for both cells tested--3481mAh and 3496mAh!

    http://powercartel.com/2015/02/test-...i-ion-battery/

    Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

  14. #14
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Looks like a great cell, but I don't see any button tops available yet
    Orbtronic have them all
    Button top, Flat top, Protected, Unprotected


  15. #15

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by space-cowboy View Post
    Orbtronic have them all
    Button top, Flat top, Protected, Unprotected

    I'm only seeing the flat top, unprotected. I'd like to get an unprotected with a button!

    Oh I see it now...with the wrapper. I was looking for the red cell. Sneaky!
    Last edited by markr6; 06-08-2015 at 02:26 PM.
    GOOD TINT!

  16. #16
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGarrett View Post
    They almost seem to be made on the same assembly line?

    I don't know, but the LG MJ1 has 95% the useable capacity at 10A continuous, that it has at .7A, so it loses only 5% going from .7A to 10A, which is pretty eye opening, at least according to this guy's testing of the MJ1. At 3.5A, it loses 1% of it's .7A capacity, which is just under 3500mAh for both cells tested--3481mAh and 3496mAh!

    http://powercartel.com/2015/02/test-...i-ion-battery/

    Chris
    Chris,

    Once you see overlay you will understand.
    LG is providing some (not very useable for us) additional mAh, below 3V line. When in high drain field what I am looking at is voltage curve.
    GA after initial voltage sag (this is something new from Panasonic R&D) is bouncing back well over LG Voltage line.
    Very good at 10A for this capacity level.
    Last edited by space-cowboy; 06-08-2015 at 02:35 PM.

  17. #17
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I'm only seeing the flat top, unprotected. I'd like to get an unprotected with a button!

    Oh I see it now...with the wrapper. I was looking for the red cell. Sneaky!
    There is no red cell with button top .. I thought that KP is black cell, or is it ?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by space-cowboy View Post
    There is no red cell with button top .. I thought that KP is black cell, or is it ?
    Yeah IMR all black wrapper & black sticker now. I saw the naked red GA cell, flat top, but that's it. All over flavors have the Orbtronic wrapper.
    GOOD TINT!

  19. #19
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Yeah IMR all black wrapper & black sticker now. I saw the naked red GA cell, flat top, but that's it. All over flavors have the Orbtronic wrapper.
    As soon as spot welder hits that cell cannot be red, green, or pink anymore . Must be black. It is very tough industrial shrink wrap, much better than red.
    Last edited by space-cowboy; 06-08-2015 at 02:52 PM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by space-cowboy View Post
    As soon as spot welder hits that cell cannot be red, green, or pink anymore . Must be black. It is very tough industrial shrink wrap, much better than red.
    It is good stuff. I started buying all Keeppower cells. Or if you're talking about Orbtronic, yes those are excellent as well!

    I'm going to need 4x18650 for my M43vn when it comes in. These would be great, but I'll probably go with something like the LG HE4 or Keeppower around $7 or so.
    GOOD TINT!

  21. #21
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    It is good stuff. I started buying all Keeppower cells. Or if you're talking about Orbtronic, yes those are excellent as well!

    I'm going to need 4x18650 for my M43vn when it comes in. These would be great, but I'll probably go with something like the LG HE4 or Keeppower around $7 or so.
    Sony VTC5 is very good cell for M43vn

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by space-cowboy View Post
    Sony VTC5 is very good cell for M43vn
    If you can find them. The VTC5 has been discontinued by the manufacturer, and most of the cells currently for sale are fakes. So only buy if you know a reliable vendor, and know exactly what to look for to spot fakes. Frankly, given those issues, and the lower cost and better availability of other high-quality high drain cells, I would not recommend the VTC5.

    http://www.sun-vapers.com/how-to-spo...-vtc5-battery/

  23. #23
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New Hope, MN
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Orbtronic has a fresh shipment of VTC5 cells coming next week!

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by gofastman View Post
    Orbtronic has a fresh shipment of VTC5 cells coming next week!
    Interesting. I did some more reading, and at least some sites claim that the VTC5 is NOT being discontinued. In fact, according to this article, production is increasing, and they will be made at a new factory in the Philippines.

    I still think there are better options...the Samsung 25R is about the same capacity, gives roughly equivalent performance, and is way less than half the cost. (as low as $5 for the Samsung, $16 for the Sony at Orbtronic's site.) But it is good to know that we haven't seen the last of 'em.
    Last edited by thedoc007; 06-08-2015 at 09:08 PM.

  25. #25
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by gofastman View Post
    Orbtronic has a fresh shipment of VTC5 cells coming next week!
    Yes,

    Sony VTC5 (2015 production) , LG HG2 ...
    Last edited by space-cowboy; 06-08-2015 at 09:07 PM.

  26. #26
    Flashaholic* ChrisGarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    4,638

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by thedoc007 View Post
    Interesting. I did some more reading, and at least some sites claim that the VTC5 is NOT being discontinued. In fact, according to this article, production is increasing, and they will be made at a new factory in the Philippines.
    I read that article 30 minutes ago, while doing a search on 'VTC5 production' and apart from that one piece, there isn't anything about VTC5 production resuming, or even about the new battery factory in the Philippines.

    I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'd be up for a few of them if somebody would 'button-top' them, but otherwise, I'll stick the only high current cells I really need, are four of them for my modified SupFire M6, which now runs on 25Rs. As it stands, that light doesn't see a lot of use.

    Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGarrett View Post
    As it stands, that light doesn't see a lot of use.
    As I get into more and more 18650 lights, and now 3x or 4x18650 lights, this will become even more common for me. They will most likely sit around and see a minute or two of use in a month for just playing around. Or, some of my 1x18650 lights will sit idle. So, basically "in storage". But I'm not going to bother draining them down to 3.6v just to have them half dead when I need them. That's another reason why I like the $6 price point. If they last half as long, so be it.
    GOOD TINT!

  28. #28

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by thedoc007 View Post
    If you can find them. The VTC5 has been discontinued by the manufacturer, and most of the cells currently for sale are fakes. So only buy if you know a reliable vendor, and know exactly what to look for to spot fakes. Frankly, given those issues, and the lower cost and better availability of other high-quality high drain cells, I would not recommend the VTC5.

    http://www.sun-vapers.com/how-to-spo...-vtc5-battery/
    AkkuTeile is a 100% reliable source if need original VTC5. Highly recommend, especially for european members. My VTC5 cells arrived few weeks ago, date code was 2014 Nov.




  29. #29
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Mountain Electronics has the NCR18650GA in stock now, but I haven't seen a price yet.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3.6V (3500mAh, max. 10A)

    Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    Mountain Electronics has the NCR18650GA in stock now, but I haven't seen a price yet.
    Illumination Supply also has them...a protected button top Keeppower-branded version, for $14.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •