Olight - R50        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 46 of 46

Thread: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

  1. #31
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,559

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    The magician at work again

  2. #32
    Tana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Posts
    1,792

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
    Whatcha brewing there?
    Quote Originally Posted by flashlight chronic View Post
    Ooooooo, fivemega body, nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    The magician at work again
    LuxRC is definitely the best choice out there for 2xli-ion setup for higher performance build where runtime is essential (but I still prefer H17F driver builds for single li-ion setups)... unfortunatelly limited to 20mm PCBs/optics setup... a proper buck driver would go a long way for similar builds since in bigger heads more potent optics could be used... but... beggers can't be choosers...

    Should give a nice runtime on 18650 and will be part of 4 flashlights designated for "cave/night exploring" - one thrower and one flooder per set, two sets, one for me and one for my wife...


  3. #33
    Tana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Posts
    1,792

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Got a little slowed down due to my health but still rolling...

    Z2X/6PX head modded with LuxRC triple next to P60 with same light engine inside... perfect for 2xli-ion legos (P3X Fury or FM 2x18650 body)...




  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    38.7296į N, 120.7985į W
    Posts
    929

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Hi Tarik, have you had any success with the Khatod optics compared to Carclo's?. Any noticeable improvement in throw?.

  5. #35
    Tana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Posts
    1,792

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
    Hi Tarik, have you had any success with the Khatod optics compared to Carclo's?. Any noticeable improvement in throw?.
    Still didn't have a chance to build it and compare...

  6. #36
    Flashaholic pulstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    447

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Hi there! Could you give me an approximate quote to change the led in P1R Peacekeeper to XPL - HI? Pozdrav iz Slovenije

  7. #37
    Tana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Posts
    1,792

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Quote Originally Posted by pulstar View Post
    Hi there! Could you give me an approximate quote to change the led in P1R Peacekeeper to XPL - HI? Pozdrav iz Slovenije
    Swapping the LED is the easy part (and driver since it's already in parts, why not go with driver better suited for 18650 cells plus - programmable) - opening it is the issue... first removing head from the body (red loctite) and then unscrewing bezel ring on the head (never tried P1R but hopefully it's regular thread-goo, not red loctite as well)...

    I've had some serious issues with few Z2X where they just wouldn't let go no matter how much heat and torque I've used (while staying safe not to scratch it/crack the body)...

  8. #38
    Flashaholic Mr.Freeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pforzheim/Germany
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    get a new toy today from tana: red xp-e quad with h17f driver

    dude, that thing really awesome! clean and perfect build (as expected) and a wall of red light:





    (shot at neighbors tree)

    thanks a lot buddy, for satisfy my needs
    regards from Germany

    Gunter .::TNT Enlightened::.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    38.7296į N, 120.7985į W
    Posts
    929

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Thatís awesome!.

  10. #40
    Tana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Posts
    1,792

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freeze View Post
    get a new toy today from tana: red xp-e quad with h17f driver

    dude, that thing really awesome! clean and perfect build (as expected) and a wall of red light:

    (shot at neighbors tree)

    thanks a lot buddy, for satisfy my needs
    You're welcome, broski...

  11. #41

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Greetings Tarik!

    a while back you built a z2x quad with fet dd lucidrvft. Awesome build even after all this time. I have a question about it. When I program the levels, how do I know itís in dd mode? Iíve read through the dr Jones driver info pages and I understand the lucidrv programming but Iím assuming this is slightly different?


    thanks!
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

  12. #42
    Flashaholic* IsaacL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    39.9628į N, 76.7281į W
    Posts
    612

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freeze View Post
    get a new toy today from tana: red xp-e quad with h17f driver

    dude, that thing really awesome! clean and perfect build (as expected) and a wall of red light:





    (shot at neighbors tree)

    thanks a lot buddy, for satisfy my needs
    Holy sh*! I totally need one of those Tana. Is that a G2X host?
    "On ne voit bien qu'avec le cúur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."

  13. #43
    Flashaholic Mr.Freeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pforzheim/Germany
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...



    No, it's a lego light: X-Head, Cryos Body and a custom black SW01
    regards from Germany

    Gunter .::TNT Enlightened::.

  14. #44
    Tana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Posts
    1,792

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Quote Originally Posted by badtziscool View Post
    Greetings Tarik!

    a while back you built a z2x quad with fet dd lucidrvft. Awesome build even after all this time. I have a question about it. When I program the levels, how do I know itís in dd mode? Iíve read through the dr Jones driver info pages and I understand the lucidrv programming but Iím assuming this is slightly different?


    thanks!
    I missed on this post... sorry broski...

    That Z2X Quad was built way before H17F driver became available so it's my own custom FET driver but with Dr.Jones LuciDrvFT slightly tweaked per my needs for FET/direct drive driver... so basically, all modes are going thru FET but programming of low modes goes just like regular linear LuciDrvFT firmware...

    Highest mode in ramping is true 100% DD... lower modes are PWM'd from that output...

  15. #45
    Tana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Posts
    1,792

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    Holy sh*! I totally need one of those Tana. Is that a G2X host?
    That's exactly my reaction after I built Mr.Freeze's one... beside Z2X Quad TopGun I need one with RED and GREEN output, already have hosts ready, just need time to build something for myself (not much time ever since I became a dad, all effort is going to modding your guys lights, gotta keep the shop rolling, Leo is going thru diapers like dad thru coffee...

  16. #46

    Default Re: TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    I missed on this post... sorry broski...

    That Z2X Quad was built way before H17F driver became available so it's my own custom FET driver but with Dr.Jones LuciDrvFT slightly tweaked per my needs for FET/direct drive driver... so basically, all modes are going thru FET but programming of low modes goes just like regular linear LuciDrvFT firmware...

    Highest mode in ramping is true 100% DD... lower modes are PWM'd from that output...
    No problem Tarik! Thanks for the reply. Even after all this time, it's still my brightest handheld light. And congratulations on the baby! My son is 2 years old now, so I completely understand the dilemma of not having any time to yourself. It's ok though. I was happy when he was able to say "flashlight" (or more like "fashwight") whenever he saw one.
    Last edited by badtziscool; 12-07-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •