18650 charger......charger.

dkongkill

Newly Enlightened
I've done a little bit of research for this but I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for so maybe you guys could help. I'm looking for a simple 18650 charger that I could plug into a USB output such as a computer or even a solar panel but will also be able to be used as an external charger once the batteries are full.

Any help is greatly appreciated

fcbrian

Newly Enlightened
I think I know what you're looking for but I don't know if there are any good quality ones. You want to be able to use your own 18650s? As opposed to a sealed unit that runs on 18650s . Theres some imports but keep in mind they have to be smart enough to balance the cells .

Search Amazon . Bestpriceam (TM) Durable 5V 2A Dual USB Output 4x 18650 Power Bank Batteries Pack Case Holder (White)

Mobile Power Bank Charger USB Output Micro Input LED Light 3× 18650 Batteries

[h=1]hkbayi NEW Enb 3 x 18650 battery Box Shell SMART POWER BANK Case[/h]
Or there are several sealed units with great reviews and many of them

Buyer beware and good luck

Brian

dkongkill

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions!! I will look at all of them to see if they work for me

Yes, exactly. I'm looking for a charger that will let me use my own cells so on the go I can charge them up with a solar panel either for my lights or for anything else that uses usb So when the sun goes down I have a small power bank.

Last edited:

dkongkill

Newly Enlightened
Ive seen the UM10 but it seems like the charger needs to be connected to an external source along with a battery to charge something like a cell phone and the battery alone wont charge devices. Is this true?

dkongkill

Newly Enlightened
I would buy the UM10 in a heartbeat if it allowed me to charge off of the 18650's alone.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I did, and found out it didn't. LOL, still a nifty charger. Its easy to carry and does the job. I too wish it had that feature. In my mind it would be perfect.