TK75 Stepup

hivoltage

Enlightened
I have had a Fenix TK75 for over a year nor. There must be something comparable but better and brighter in the same size and price range by now. I am ready to step up, whats new out there?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had a Fenix TK75 for over a year nor. There must be something comparable but better and brighter in the same size and price range by now. I am ready to step up, whats new out there?

Lots of new lights, and many are better in one way, and TONS of lights are brighter. But as far as I know, the TK75 is still the top dog for the size and price. I.e., there are lights that can do certain jobs, but there isn't anything that is just empirically better all around.

Have you looked at the TK75vn? Current boost + dedome (if you want a lot more throw) will make a pretty substantial upgrade.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
vn light of course as mentioned by Doc, also check out Acebeam X60M

The Acebeam is a out the box/turn key beast of a light. About the same size as the TK75 too and is a major step up.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Acebeam is a out the box/turn key beast of a light. About the same size as the TK75 too and is a major step up.

The X60M is MUCH larger. Three and a half inches longer, head is almost an inch wider. Weighs over fifty percent more. They are not even in the same class.

Acebeam on Amazon, $550? Too mush for me. I cannot find a vn tk75, what is it?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?374328-WTS-TK75vn-4400L

Vinh is a member here...he modifies lights to make them brighter, or to throw better, or both.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Doc, but I should have clarified what I was meaning, the TK75 with Extension Kit. I should have asked if his had the extension kit or not.
With the extension, they are close to the same size.

For those interested here is more info of the TK75 vs X60M using the manufactures data.

The head of the Acebeam is .80 inch larger. Not quite a full inch but close. The weight of just a TK75 is 510g, with extension 663g. The Acebeam is 850G. These are of course without batteries. The TK75 with the extension holds 8 cells, while Acebeam holds 6.

So TK75 with extension and 8 Cells (40g each estimate): 983g
X60M with 6 cells: 1090g
So ready to use, the X60M weighs 107g more

Interestingly, the tube diameter of the Acebeam is 49mm while the TK75 is 52.5mm, so the Acebeam is actually slightly slimmer.
Keep in mind the X60M allows you to charge batteries internally. No removing cells, no need to buy external charger.

TK75 Manufacture stated max lumen = 2900
X60M Manufacture stated max Lumen = 10,000

TK75 Max throw = 690 meters
X60M Max throw = 525 meters

Market prices found by google search in USD.
TK75 $200 + Extension Kit $29.95 + External charger $30 estimate = $259.95
X60M $369.99 which includes wall plug and 12 volt car charge cable.

So roughly a $110 difference to get the X60M. This doesn't include the cost of cells. Remember you have to buy 2 additional 18650 cells to run the TK75 with Extension kit.

kj75, I am looking forward to the upgraded TK75. After I got the Acebeam, I pretty much so haven't used my TK75.

Latest posts