RofisLight        
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Future of The CPF Mall

Default The Future of The CPF Mall

Continued from THIS THREAD.

So we've given the panjo marketplace a workout. And we've discovered it might not be for us. I'm not entirely sure about that yet but then I am not a seller or buyer so I honestly cannot offer an opinion from that side. I can however offer an opinion regarding integrating the "old" CPFMarketPlace forums into CPF. I like it. And it is going to stay. I will be working on closing down CPFMarketPlace to a read-only site with plenty of links and redirects to CPF. Enough time has passed and everyone has been awesome about wrapping things up over there and re-establishing here. I thank you all for that - very much!!

So here's my thought and I'd like to know if you all think it would work out better - fall more in line with what you want as a buy/sell/trade community - if I shut down the panjo part of The CPF Mall, keep the established WTS forums, and we go on like it was on CPFMP. The only difference is that you will have to have a supporter subscription in order to post threads in the WTS forums. That part really isn't different from what we have right now. In truth, the only thing that would change in structure would be to remove that one step in the WTS process... you wouldn't go through panjo to sell your products.

I'm not really sure how it will work to turn off the panjo software. I'm not sure what will happen to existing threads and listings. I believe they are hosted on the panjo servers. If that is the case, you all MAY have to recreate your sale threads. I will do some checking and see what happens.

I'm not saying at this time whether or not this is going to happen - but it is worth looking into. We're all trying to make this work and have the community we have come to know and love. It takes time to get it just right. So with that... thank you all for your patience and feedback...

Default Re: The Future of The CPF Mall

Personally I like the integration into CPF proper, can do without the Panjo part (I did like how the photo appeared).

I much prefer putting 4 items into a WTS.

What you have outlined would definitely be better, in my opinion. I hope things will be worked out that way.

Default The Future of The CPF Mall

I like what you propose. As long as it's not too much work (for you) I would welcome the switch back. I really do like the community feel. That's why I keep coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post

So we've given the panjo marketplace a workout. And we've discovered it might not be for us. ........... integrating the "old" CPFMarketPlace forums into CPF.
    +1,000 ( Literally )
    Last edited by ForrestChump; 04-07-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Oh and I'll gladly buy a supporter package (I already do!) to sell items.

Agree with the above. I think integrating the two has been fine - no problem with that. Using traditional sales threads here w/o the store style Mall would be welcomed by many I believe. I also think a small subscription would be fair for selling privileges. I like where your head is at.

FYI - I just checked and if I disable the panjo plugin, the existing sale threads do NOT go away. I'm not sure how it will work if someone clicks on the "Buy Now" button in the thread. We'll check on that later if necessary. So that's one hurdle out of the way!

So here's my thought and I'd like to know if you all think it would work out better - fall more in line with what you want as a buy/sell/trade community - if I shut down the panjo part of The CPF Mall, keep the established WTS forums, and we go on like it was on CPFMP.
    Definitly better and what I imagined it would be when the CPFMP reintegration into CPF propper was suggested.

Eric
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

Looking forward to going back to the 'old' style of buy/sell/trade threads. Will follow this thread with interest to see how things progress!

It's an improvement for sure but we still lose the casual seller who only sells one or two items a year. They won't wish to pay a supporter fee to "catch and release".
    Last edited by recDNA; 04-07-2015 at 11:01 AM.

I like using Panjo. I've made a couple of purchases, both of which were almost effortless to conduct. Furthermore, the staff are open to facilitating our needs and have done so on more than one occasion. We also have the New Market Place, so I don't think the problem is with the "vehicle" as much as the way members are now using it. Reading the sold items, there is an almost total lack of communication between the seller and purchaser. Third party involvement, forgetaboutit!
    This is true for the Panjo area and the New Market Place.

I also miss the multiple item sales threads. They generated a lot of excitement and were fun to participate in or just observe.

The trouble with getting free stuff is one tends to take it for granted after just a short time. I've enjoy CPF seven days a week for five years ....... For free. Thank you Greta! I'm embarrassed it's taken me so long to start $upporting (just a little) something I love.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Sounds fine to me as long as custom sellers have to subscribe.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    It's an improvement for sure but we still lose the casual seller who only sells one or two items a year. They won't wish to pay a supporter fee to "catch and release".
    And yet... I'll bet some of those same people have no problem forking over $5 for a latte...

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    Sounds fine to me as long as custom sellers have to subscribe.
    That will be happening...

As I stated before I know you will do what is best for CPF. Not saying this is it (although I like this) but you will find what is.

I think we are trying to work this for the majority. The number of catch and release people (one or two per year)should be fairly small, and as Greta said, $5 is not too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    I think we are trying to work this for the majority. The number of catch and release people (one or two per year)should be fairly small, and as Greta said, $5 is not too much to ask.
    I am not against having to be a subscriber to be able to post on these forums, but I am a dyed in the wool capitalist.

Great news, as I very much preferred the old system
    ... is the archimedes peak

No issues with that. I loved being here for years. I don't mind giving back now.

some .... people have no problem forking over $5 for a latte...
    Five dollars a day for a cup of coffee .......... Sure makes the case for 0.11 cents a day for all things CPF being the deal of the century.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

For regular sellers it is a tiny expense and won't deter sales at all. For the guy who just wants to sell a Z59 or a catch and release at a loss and isn't likely to sell another item for months it won't be worth it. I will be viewed as the bad guy but human nature being what it is I doubt the occasional seller will pay $5 to make a $25 sale and then pay $5 for shipping to boot. There will be fewer new sellers who just want to sell one or two inexpensive items. I won't belabor this point any further so if anyone agrees their will have to stick there own necks out.
    Last edited by recDNA; 04-07-2015 at 04:50 PM.

~

I have not used the panjo , but it looked to me like there was no way adopted for a seller to "Bump" their sales thread to bring it more attention after the initial posting. Am I totally wrong about that ? Is there a Bump procedure on Panjo ? Maybe I was just not paying attention . Let me know ........... TMG.

~
    ~ "She" says ...... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

Flashaholic*

I like the new planned direction.
    As far as occasional sales go those people myself included will have to choose to group our sales in a specific time window rather piecemeal if one wants to minimize "expenses".

It's still way cheaper than Ebay however.
    Travis

Various Neutral Tinted/Hi CRI Goodness.

I have to agree that the old way is the way to go......

What about......say......your first TWO sale posts are on the house? Not sure if you can track that. I guess it could be on the old school Honor System?

This could help solve the "catch & release" or "fly by" seller who stumbles across that ultra rare SureFire Darpa in their kitchen drawer.

Also it could help get them hooked? lol

Just some random thoughts there.

Disclaimer: I just Subscribed. I almost felt guilty. I too am here everyday. I have found some friends & foes here I talk to more than I do some family members.
    Last edited by Str8stroke; 04-07-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    [...] I have found some friends & foes here I talk to more than I do some family members.
    Foes are free. Friends cost extra.

I'm not a big seller, not even a big poster or contributor, but I really don't like the Panjo buy/sell.
    It looks really nice, but I liked the old way much better.
    I would definitely be willing to pay the small supporter fee to go back to the old style.
    Even though I don't post much, I do a lot of reading/research here.
    I do think you're on the right track Greta.
    Thank You.

The current Panjo format has actually saved me a lot of money. Less items were posted for sale, so less buying for me.
    Last edited by Cerealand; 04-08-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    For regular sellers it is a tiny expense and won't deter sales at all. For the guy who just wants to sell a Z59 or a catch and release at a loss and isn't likely to sell another item for months it won't be worth it. I will be viewed as the bad guy but human nature being what it is I doubt the occasional seller will pay $5 to make a $25 sale and then pay $5 for shipping to boot. There will be fewer new sellers who just want to sell one or two inexpensive items. I won't belabor this point any further so if anyone agrees they will have to stick there own necks out.
    +1 There is already little enough incentive to sell low value items, between paypal fees, shipping, and depreciation, which tends to be pretty brutal in the flashlight world for all but one off, and certain brand flashlights. Sales under $100 would probably all but disappear.

While I don't like any new fees, if there absolutely has to be one, a per listing fee of say $1 per sales thread would make more sense, and having this fee waived for any active supporters.
    2xX60vn, 2xMM15vn, Eye40vn, RC40vn, 5xTK75(4vn), FF4, TK76vn, BTUvn, 12XML2 7000l, 3xX40(1vn), Mvn, MX25L3vn, SX25L3vn, TN35vn, 2xS6330vn, EA8 MTG2 OLVN, 2xTN31vn, 2xK50(1vn), 2xTK61(1vn), Xvn.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast