ArmyTek        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Future of The CPF Mall

Default Re: The Future of The CPF Mall

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Maybe its a sign of the times and maybe the changing atmosphere on CPF has nothing to do with the structural changes of merging the two forums.

Long before that happened I felt that something was missing ... mainly the pioneers and old stalwarts that imparted so much knowledge in their threads but also showed a certain civility and respect to their fellow members (that somehow seems sadly lacking in many of the newer posts).

Perhaps its just my age .... I don't know .... but although I understand the reasons for some older members no longer participating, there seems to be too much collective loss for my liking. Even Troy (arewethereyetdad) hasn't made many appearances lately and his infectious enthusiasm for the latest builds and designs is not there.
    Could very well be that. I'm on an old school Subaru enthusiasts forum, and I rarely visit anymore. It's been 16 years since I joined that board. Events in my life have happened and interests changed a bit, and technology is different these days. Carb vs. Efi. I think it's just the natural progression. The new "regulars" on that board still have enthusiasm, but absent are most of the "old timers". I'd expect the Incan forum here has waned as the led forum grew.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    That's the saddest sentence I've ever read on Candel Power Forums. For me, and I'm sure for many fellow members, CPF is a refuge from the craziness of "TheRealWorld". To read that many among us think nothing of defrauding Greta causes me great sorrow.

~ Chauncey Gardiner
    I think you guys are totally missing the point here.
    I do not think for one second that the majority of members give a shit about paying a fee for selling on CPF after all it's all for the good of all us members to keep CPF alive. For example many have paid more in fee's selling on Ebay after the change. As far as I see it all comes down to the change was to big in one hit and some got the impression as I did that our concerns meant nothing and the change was happening in the way it was regardless. Made members feel not so part of a community and more like outsides just looking in.

You think about it we used to go to MP WTS: Flashlights & Parts for all most everything. You would find all HID, LED, Incandescent in all brand names all under the one simple click. Other than modified lights you would find in CPFs Custom & Modified Flashlights-Buy/Sell/Trade. Simple

Wake up one day and its totally different. Example if one wants to keep an eye out for any Surefire lights up for sale he needs to check the LED section, Incandescent section, HID section or look in the CPF mall but some sellers will not show up in there if they are selling as a Supporter and not using Panjo.

Some members have put it in the two hard basket. Like I said in my earlier post I have received offers by email from members who have asked if I am interested in a light before they put it on Ebay when asked why not sell it on CPF its always been the same reply to hard don't know how anymore.

I know its not that hard but it was a big change for some to work out. Like who & what is Panjo where to post which section what happens if someone post I will take it and another person buys the same light on Panjo and pays for it.

1st step should have been just moved the same format WTS: Flashlights & Parts over to here and than the other changes as people got used to the move. That's just my opinion.
    Hope it all works out in the end and we are all one big happy family again.

Will
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logos ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

My point is the reason why it is less popular isn't that important. CPFMP was more lucrative for Greta, had much more interest, many more sales threads, many many many more people checking in almost constantly so as not to miss deals, and was easier for most of us. The answer is change nothing. Re-open CPFMP. It is clear that will not happen it just isn't any mystery what has gone wrong.

I also once suggested that all sales threads be contained under a single WTS heading especially since sales are down in general. WTS flashlights, parts, and batteries and WTS "other" are the only headings needed really. When I suggested that the idea was dismissed sarcastically.

I think the are many people who spent a lot of time and money at CPFMP who are simply gone now. After all this is a different website.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post

You think about it we used to go to MP WTS: Flashlights & Parts for all most everything. You would find all HID, LED, Incandescent in all brand names all under the one simple click. Other than modified lights you would find in CPF’s Custom & Modified Flashlights-Buy/Sell/Trade. “Simple”

Wake up one day and it’s totally different. Example if one wants to keep an eye out for any Surefire lights up for sale he needs to check the LED section, Incandescent section, HID section or look in the CPF mall but some sellers will not show up in there if they are selling as a Supporter and not using Panjo.

Ugh... I don't know if this has been explained this "simply" or extensively before or not but regardless... I missed it. NOW I get it!

Ok... this can be fixed. I will work on it.

Thank you for your patience with me. Forest - Trees... you get the point. <---Me

I just want to say THANKS Greta! For listening to the concerns and trying to help keep the feel! I admit, I have been resistant to change and have not done any sales since the change back. I am very thankful you are taking feedback on this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    I just want to say THANKS Greta! For listening to the concerns and trying to help keep the feel! I admit, I have been resistant to change and have not done any sales since the change back. I am very thankful you are taking feedback on this.

It's worth noting, Greta has been requesting and taking into consideration feedback since early February. When you check the Administrative Announcements page you'll see four different threads concerning the changes.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

This is true. I'm just impressed Greta continues to refine the experience. I was afraid once all the Changes were in we would never get the old feel back.

Continued HERE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456