Anything brighter with more throw than Tigerlight?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there something that is brighter and has more throw than a tigerlight? What about a modified mag. I guess I should say with relatively the same form factor. I know spot lights are brighter etc. I am moreso talking about Mag or Magcharger or a modified mag or something else.

Thanks.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anything brighter with more throw than Tigerli

MagCharger with WelchAllyn WA01160 bulb and PowerStream 1/2D cells. Check B/S/T for a GB on the bulbs.

Beyond that, a Mag 3D on 10xAA nimh and the WA01185.

Beyond that, ???.

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

What about a Surefire Turbo head with a N2 LA? Does it have more throw than the TL?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
In my tests the Magcharger with stock "brighter" bulb consistantly out threw the Tigerlight using the best of my six Tigerlight lamps.

Brightnorm

pal251

Newly Enlightened
Ginseng how do you do Mag 3D on 10xAA nimh and the WA01185.

Thanks

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are SureFires that have higher output but not the throw as the TL in the same or smaller package.
My eyes find the output of the M6 (either lamp) superior to the TL in terms of quanity and quality with not obvious difference in throw.

If you want brighter and more throw I believe you need to look at a search or spot light...

Al

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking for something more like a helicopter spotlight, but fits into a package you can carry easily, look into the Reva Longarm. I'm sure there are others, but that's what comes to mind right off.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
That reva longarm looks pretty freaking sweet. Anyone have one? couldn't find the price though.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pal251. I use 2x modified EL 3-D holders (reduced resistance) and 1xRS 4AA holder also heavily modified for lower resistance and fit. Slap in a ceramic potted bulb, a Carley aluminum reflector and there ya go.

Wilkey