Zebra delivery for Canadian Beware!!!

stephane

Newly Enlightened
I order a headlamp from Zerbalight on marsh 30, visit there web page there is big US flag and specify american owned and operated I thought it will go well but I was wrong......Im In Canada I order stuff so many time from US and sippingg is fast and cheap but in fact they ship from china regular mail 4-6 week......so if you need something and getting it in a normal time dont other from them. Also consider if you ever got a problem need to return or the parcel is damage you will be good for anothet 3 month......This is bad and confusing sorry but when you claim american operated with a big flag you dont ship stuff from China If I want to order someting from china I will go on alibaba or whatever cheap chinese site and get the problem that came with it.

I even ask them to cancel the order right away when they send me the confirmation but never even get a reply and they ship it surface mail knowing that I will never receive it on time since I need the headlamp, I end up ordering another flashlight from another real US seller and already get it......

Zebra you should remove this logo
Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-04-16%20agrave%2010.46.40.png
[/IMG]

markr6

Flashaholic
I always chuckle at the "US Owned" companies. That usually means a few guys from China with an office in a stripmall somewhere. Most everything is done in China, but they may have a few people warehousing some product and doing customer service in the US.

All Zebralight orders going to US locations ship from TX. Otherwise, it's from China.

To be fair, per the Zebralight website:

We ship domestically by USPS First-Class Mail Packages and internationally by China Post Air Mail free of charges

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can't be bothered to read the details, in my opinion, it is on you. It is one thing if they are actually lying about it...but as markr6 pointed out, with a couple minutes of reading, you could have avoided the confusion.

In a perfect world, it would be a bit clearer. But compared to other marketing scams, that is quite benign.

fordcappy

Enlightened
I agree with you completely Stephane. These "American" companies need to take a page out of 47's they have a great balance between having their products made in China but supported in they US. And I also second you on the "what if something goes wrong with the light" you are out 15.00 for shipping and you wait months for your light to return.

stephane

Newly Enlightened
I know part of it is my fault

But sure im not alone to not read ALL the fine print and terme and condition.......that why I did this post I also order 2 time in the past from zebra and never get this problem so I was overconfident

I dont want to bash them there product is good just be sure if you not in US then your not dealing with a US company anymore

kj2

Flashaholic
Also a reason to buy from a local dealer/seller, and not directly from the manufacturer. One, you know where it's coming from. Second, if you've a problem, dealer/seller is nearby.

stephane

Newly Enlightened
kj2 as far as I know Zebra dont have any retailer in Canada honestly in a our small 25 million country Canadian is a small market and specialty product like headlamp is limited and Im alway confortable ordering from US as I did so many time. US company standard are very good Zebralight is well know and I order from them in the past and seem that American flag was a big yes we love our fellow neibourgt and I never got a problem ordering from a US company so I take fro granted I was dealing with a US company.

I should have read it all for sure here is a quote from there web site term so delivery is not even guaranteed from my understanding it mean If I dont get it or they lost It will be my lost good bye...

International Shipping
Packages are sent via China Registered Air Mail. Delivery time varies from 10 days to several months depending on customs and local delivery conditions. International orders are guaranteed to be shipped, but delivery cannot be guaranteed due to varying international conditions.

EMS and DHL service is available at additional cost.

Again I dont discuss Zebra practice as it is my fault and I know it the deal is in the fine print and I should read it, I just create this post to inform Canadian who read this forum I heard about Zebra over here and it is alway here I come when I want to know about a new light. In Fact this post is intent for Canadian buyer mostly if you are outside of US then you deal in China forget about the US flag or "American owned and operated' logo on there front page as this is not for you.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I guess it's more of a marketing thing. If you're going to start making watches in Pakistan, they would probably sell better if you operated as a "Swiss" company, housing your "headquarters" there.

I remember the thread that got shut down about Armytek being a "Canadian" company. They sure market that point hard. Those also made in China, but have a lot of dealers in the US and probably Canada.

Seems like a complete gray area. Even if they have one small location in the US, they're paying taxes, utilities, utilizing other US companies' services, etc.

Dry-cell

Enlightened
It best to buy from a company like Going Gear in the U.S.A., they carry the products in their store, "authorized dealers".

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should likely be in the Cheers 'N Jeers thread, if it hasn't already been moved.

I am not picking on you here, but it is kinda hard to read your post. Some of those grammatical errors scream at me. These errors don't lend much credence to your post. I guess, if I am going to complain about a business, I make sure I have my grammatical act together. However, if English is your second language, I give you a free pass. ;)

Anyways, hope that didn't come off wrong.
Welcome to the forum.

stephane

Newly Enlightened
Str8stroke

Thank for the welcome but im member here since 2010 just dont like to post as you see my language is pretty limited and sometime not appreciate. I didn't create this post to complaint but to inform sorry if I bug your ears :D

Yea I hope your giving me a pass cause im a Quebec French Canadian :grin2:

Last edited:

Kalpn

Newly Enlightened
It is just their marketing tactics. American owned and operated. They did not mention American made.

Latest posts