3500mAh NiMH Generic batteries? Probably not..

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
The overinflated capacity rating for many NiMH cells seems to always get a few gullible people interested, but i did come across a set of 3500mAh Generic brand cells (yes that's apparently the brand lol). I'm thinking more like 2000mAh or something like that (maybe less!). The highest capacity reported was from NLee's review of EBL 2800mAh cells which are obviously not LSD. Funny thing is that i asked whether anyone has verified the capacity and i get the same generic response, of course i forgot to include 'smart analyzer charger' and Amazon won't let me edit my question, used to be able to do that.

Anyway, i'm slightly curious on what the real capacity of these cells are considering the reviews are so high, but there's only 2 reviews. It's either these reviews are promotional testimonies or the cells are good enough that they hold a charge long enough for these folks to use. For $7 it certainly doesn't seem like these cells are of good quality but they seem designed for packs. Some of the info is hilarious to read though..

"4.If you don't use the battery for a long time, please put it in a dry and cool place and make it full charged once every three months
5.For a new battery, it is better to full charge it bafore using"

If anyone has already used or tried these cells out, let me know.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
I had such ones, but labeled as "3800mAh". Real capacity was around 350-380 mah, just 10x less than stated :)

markr6

Flashaholic
LOL! At least they simply gave up on the stupid names and just left them blank.

18650fire.png

Last edited: