Best AAA Light To Replace Original Arc AAA's?

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got two members of my family still rocking original Arc AAA's on their key-chains. At this point I'm tempted to think it's about a decade and time for the upgrade to take advantage of the improvements since then.

Staying with AAA's that keychain. What should I look at to replace them with a budget under $100 each. I'm looking at best bang for buck and durability.

Amelia

Enlightened
Peak, or Olight/ITP.

I gave up on 1xAAA form factor - just not enough runtime for my needs.

bartko09

Enlightened
Love the SF Titan but I gotta tell you, I just put a 10440 in the Maratac Cu AAA and absolutely love it.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc is a tough act to follow.

I am thinking maybe???
Dark Sucks Beta (new version), Maratac, New Surefire Titan, Maybe a budget rig like a Fenix twisty, like the E99 Ti? If you want it to last forever, then get a twisty. The rubber buttons on rear clickies tend to wear, along with switches.
Here a few pics for you to view some of what is out there with out having to search. You may see something you like. Of course there are all kinds of finishes available.

0093231D-9298-46D0-B7E8-A7F4BB7082DC_zpsbxhdmcey.jpg

7021039E-FC82-46CC-9BB6-753ACD57165B_zpstu1dia3c.jpg

DSC_1401_zpswk6ihgqc.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm looking at best bang for buck and durability.

Peak Eiger would be (is, actually) my choice.

The newly released SureFire AAA torches are of interest, but there seems to be some debate on these right now (particularly battery fitment concerns).

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I've got two members of my family still rocking original Arc AAA's on their key-chains. At this point I'm tempted to think it's about a decade and time for the upgrade to take advantage of the improvements since then.

Staying with AAA's that keychain. What should I look at to replace them with a budget under $100 each. I'm looking at best bang for buck and durability.

D25AAA: magnet, 145 lumens at third twist

magellan

Honorary Aussie
There's the Peak Eiger and Peak Eiger X, and the TnC Nano Lux and TnC Micro Lux Turbo offered at RMSK. They're worth considering too. Some use 10440's for increased output. Some of their lights are available in aluminum, stainless, nickel silver, copper, brass, and titanium. I have several of their copper versions and they're great. Built like a tank. Prices for the above range from $40 to over $150 mainly depending on the metal selected.

As the others use a 10440 lithium ion AAA size battery, unless the intended user is familiar with lithium ion cells the regular Eiger would be fine as it can use both AAA and 10440 batteries. Prices range from $40 for the aluminum non-QTC model to $95 for the copper. I'd spend the extra $10 and get the QTC HAIII version. For a little more the stainless steel QTC model for $70 would be very nice.

Only thing is the shipping is a bit high and they only ship UPS. But they have great customer service. Bob Kastan is the person I usually deal with and he's always on the ball and reachable by email.

Str8stroke already posted a nice little lineup to get you started. Here's HKJ's review of some more AAA lights:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?229430-A-look-at-AAA-flashlights

The review is from 2009 so many are no longer offered and others were limited editions (like the Photon Fanatic Little Killer) but it'll give you some idea of the extent of the playing field.

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
ThruNite Ti (titanium) AAA

Firefly 0.5Lm, Low 12Lm, Hi 162Lm...hidden strobe (if that is your thing)
IPX8.
...worth consideration.