RofisLight        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The CPF Mall - More Changes

Default The CPF Mall - More Changes

Continued from HERE

Ok - hopefully this will make browsing the WTS threads a bit easier. I have combined several WTS forums to more closely resemble the format of the CPFMP. Please check it out HERE.

The categories in The CPF Mall Panjo interface have also been adjusted to match the format of the WTS forums.

NOTE: Items listed for sale in The CPF Mall through the Panjo interface are automatically listed in the forum associated with the category the item is listed in. Therefore - it is not necessary to browse both the WTS forums and the Panjo CPF Mall in order to look for items you may want to purchase. All sale threads, REGARDLESS OF HOW/WHERE THEY ARE CREATED, are listed in the associated category and forum.

I hope this makes things easier and more comfortable for you all.

Default Re: The CPF Mall - More Changes

The CPF's Custom & Modified Flashlights B/S/T forum has been changed to "WTS: CPF's Custom & Modified Flashlights" and the Custom Titanium & Exotic Metals Flashlights B/S/T forum has been changed to "WTS: Custom Titanium & Exotic Metals Flashlights".

As with all other WTS forums, a Supporter subscription is required in order to start new threads in those forums -OR- the Panjo interface of The CPF Mall can be used. WTB and WTT threads will now go in the other WTB and WTT forum.

Please read the yellow notices and the "Announcement: Forum Policies and Information" threads at the top of these forums for additional information.

Remember - Ignorance of the forum rules and policies is not an excuse. They are posted and linked to in various different places around the forums. Take the time to read them and you will be much less likely to make a mistake.

Looking better already. One question is there a way we can keep the price listed after the light is sold? As it is the price changes to sold.
    It was good how the old MP worked keeping the price listed for reference.

Cheers.
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    As with all other WTS forums, a Supporter subscription is required in order to start new threads in those forums -OR- the Panjo interface of The CPF Mall can be used.
    Does this mean that using the Panjo interface will allow non-supporters to sell with a 3% fee for CPF like you originally talked about or did you just mean that both formats are options for only CPF supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tone View Post
    Does this mean that using the Panjo interface will allow non-supporters to sell with a 3% fee ......?
    Yes. Members can use Panjo to sell without purchasing a Supporter subscription. They will be charged the 3% fee if their item sells.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I bet the 3% fee explains why I was consistently getting an error in Panjo when attempting to list something as free for the cost of shipping.

Can't collect 3% of nothing. Ended up buying a subscription to list some freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    Ended up buying a subscription to list some freebies.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Looking better already. One question is there a way we can keep the price listed after the light is sold? As it is the price changes to sold.
    It was good how the old MP worked keeping the price listed for reference.

Cheers.
    +1. I think leaving the sale price up would be a good thing. It makes a good barometer for the market.
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    FS: Everyday Carry Lights Upgrades for Maglite.

I haven't sold anything on the new Mall, so I don't know if the seller can edit a sales thread after the sale is over. Nevertheless, if the seller lists the price in his description it will remain for all to see. Simple.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    I haven't sold anything on the new Mall, so I don't know if the seller can edit a sales thread after the sale is over. Nevertheless, if the seller lists the price in his description it will remain for all to see. Simple.

~ Chance
    Yes, you can go into the thread and edit it and put the sale price back in.

~ Chance
    That is a great idea. I will do it next time I sell through Panjo. I see more Surefire for sale in fleabay and less here. I wonder if CPFMP members are selling there instead of here.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    That is a great idea. I will do it next time I sell through Panjo. I see more Surefire for sale in fleabay and less here. I wonder if CPFMP members are selling there instead of here.
    It does seem like the heard has thinned a lot. I actually really like Panjo for selling a single item. My greatest dislike about listing on forums is having to use a 3rd party photo converter. With panjo its just point and click. Plus being able to see the pictures as I browse lets me view a lot more items than I would have in the old MP.

The only disadvantage I can see at all with the new mall is that every single item has to be listed separately. That is the only reason I can think of turn out might be a little lax. Even then ebay is basically a list per item too, and they charge fees on top of fees to boot.
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    FS: Everyday Carry Lights Upgrades for Maglite.

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post
    The only disadvantage I can see at all with the new mall is that every single item has to be listed separately. .
    This is no longer the case.

If you're a supporter, you can start a thread the old school way just like CPFMP. Using Panjo is optional.

When a Supporter creates a thread "old-school" I believe it's duplicated in Panjo. What happens in the duplicated Panjo thread if a Supporter goes old-school, and decides to list more than one item?

~ Chance

When a Supporter creates a thread "old-school" I believe it's duplicated in Panjo. What happens in the duplicated Panjo thread if a Supporter goes old-school, and decides to list more than one item?

~ Chance
    Non-Supporters CANNOT create threads "old-school". They have to use the Panjo MP. "Old-school" threads created by Supporters directly in the WTS forums are NOT duplicated in Panjo. Panjo is completely bypassed and left out of the equation.

Thank you for the clarification.

~ C. G.

Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    ... Can't collect 3% of nothing.
    I collect 3% of nothing every day. Let me check my PP account ... ... yes, I just got another 3% of nothing this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I collect 3% of nothing every day. Let me check my PP account ... ... yes, I just got another 3% of nothing this morning.
    But...how can you tell? Maybe it was 15% of nothing. Accounting is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    And the IRS is still gonna' want half of that.
    I'm an excellent driver. Of course I don't have my underwear... I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

Anyone know what the problem with Panjo is? I can't access it at the moment.

~ Chance

......Nevermind.
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 05-16-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Anyone know what the problem with Panjo is? ....
    Uh oh ...
    ... is the archimedes peak

made me laugh

Hey guys,

I've done a sale already and have one up. Works pretty seamlessly. I like not having to upload pics to photobucket for a sale.

My current sale has shipping included, but I specify in the description that it's for US only and International would be extra.

That doesn't violate any rules, right?
    Dean Venture: "I'll get the flashlights!"
    Hank Venture: "And I'll get the astronaut Ice Cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by sween1911 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've done a sale already and have one up. Works pretty seamlessly. I like not having to upload pics to photobucket for a sale.

My current sale has shipping included, but I specify in the description that it's for US only and International would be extra.

That doesn't violate any rules, right?
    Shameless plug. Made me laugh.

~ Chance

Shameless plug. Made me laugh.

~ Chance
    GAH! Didn't even think about that!
    Dean Venture: "I'll get the flashlights!"
    Hank Venture: "And I'll get the astronaut Ice Cream!"

So I was under the impression that WTB/WTT now belong in the dedicate forum but I keep seeing new WTB/WTT's in Custom Ti & Exotics... Am I missing something?
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    The CPF's Custom & Modified Flashlights B/S/T forum has been changed to "WTS: CPF's Custom & Modified Flashlights" and the Custom Titanium & Exotic Metals Flashlights B/S/T forum has been changed to "WTS: Custom Titanium & Exotic Metals Flashlights".

As with all other WTS forums, a Supporter subscription is required in order to start new threads in those forums -OR- the Panjo interface of The CPF Mall can be used. WTB and WTT threads will now go in the other WTB and WTT forum.

Please read the yellow notices and the "Announcement: Forum Policies and Information" threads at the top of these forums for additional information.

Remember - Ignorance of the forum rules and policies is not an excuse. They are posted and linked to in various different places around the forums. Take the time to read them and you will be much less likely to make a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    So I was under the impression that WTB/WTT now belong in the dedicate forum but I keep seeing new WTB/WTT's in Custom Ti & Exotics... Am I missing something?
    Nope. I think your understanding of the policy is pretty much right on the money.

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 07-26-2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Wasn't me that time. Gunna blame it on spellcheck.

What happens when you reply to a message in the Panjo marketplace. Does it keep a copy of the sent message anywhere?
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Haven't logged in in awhile but it looks like the CPFMP is pretty much gone. I thought things would get straightened out in a few months but the place looks deserted. Am I missing something? Is there a secret Market Place that I don't know about, where one can buy Surefire stuff like the old days? Did the Zombie Apocalypse happen without my knowledge?

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

CPFMP is read only. All the marketplace stuff has been moved over here to CPF.

Go to the CPF Mall link at the top of the page.

Although I am not sure I like the latest change to move the Mall offsite. It makes the Mall look less CPF and more Panjo. The fact that there are links to other Panjo stores on the left side seems like a way for Panjo to just drum up more business. It makes what was a very personal flashlight trading community feel very commercial. I honestly still wish we could just go back to the WTS threads only without a storefront. CPF can still the monetary side of the business by requiring a membership to post in the threads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast