Fenix Outfitters        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The CPF Mall - More Changes

Default Re: The CPF Mall - More Changes

Yeah, I have just been buying the subscription (it's very reasonably priced, btw) and selling the old fashioned way. I also browse the CPF threads that were created directly, or indirectly (through the panjo interface) rather than the Mall window, just like the old MP. That's my personal preference, and I have been able to do so successfully. I kind of forgot Panjo was a thing... so if it goes away, I won't be too heartbroken. If it stays, as long as the CPF threads are created automatically so I can browse them, I'm satisfied.

Perhaps a deep breath in, hooooold the cannabis, slooooowly let the deep breath out, relax.

Just a thought. Herding cats will be a lot more fun. I also thought you were a bit harsh with your reply to Shine. Two doors, no waiting. One for Shine, one for me.

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 09-14-2015 at 06:49 PM.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    ... I also thought you were a bit harsh with your reply to Shine....
    ~ Chance
    Sit in my chair for 24 hours and then I'll gladly take your comment on how NICE I actually was with my reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Sit in my chair for 24 hours and then I'll gladly take your comment on how NICE I actually was with my reply...
    One can't even imagine....... probably like an iceberg. We only see the top 20% of the problems.

~ Chance

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I called Panjo customer support today, and they are now aware of a problem that makes some CPF users (like me) unable to link their CPF and Panjo accounts. They expect to roll out a fix in about 3 weeks.

Until then, they recommended that I create my listing under the CPF community in Panjo, and then manually create a thread in the appropriate CPF sale forum linking to my Panjo listing.
    Andrew

NM, you already knew that. Durrr.

Panjo's search engine should be nicknamed The Little Engine that Can't. It is totally subpar.

~ Chance

Not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but either we have been hacked or the Panjo server decided to do its own creative marketing.

I had nothing to do wit this thread being crated.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?408439-COPPER-SinkPad-mcpcb16-20-10mm-for-XML-XPG-High-quality

In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    FS: Everyday Carry Lights Upgrades for Maglite.

In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Just got an email that Panjo went FUBAR and barfed a bunch of duplicate threads... They are working on it, I am told.

Ok - I believe I've gotten all of the duplicate threads and deleted them. If anyone finds any others, please send me the link and I will take care of it.

On a side note (sorta)... I'm REALLY considering removing CPF from the Panjo community. This was a mistake that could have and SHOULD have been avoided. So I'm not real fond of Panjo right now... especially if it causes additional work on my part to clean up a mess I had nothing to do with...

I think most members would probably be OK with that. Whatever you decide...

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    I think most members would probably be OK with that. Whatever you decide...
    Agree. I've purchased via Panjo, but for selling I prefer the old school CPFMP way. Don't mind paying a subscription to do so. More was less in this case.

Whatever makes Mother happy; cuz if Mother isn't happy, ain't nobody gunna be happy.

~ Chance

I'm old and slow. I like the old ways.

FWIW... I browsed around a little here and there, trying to give it a shot and see the bright side (like pretending a food you don't enjoy is like ice cream). But, it sucked, and recently got worse in a couple of ways, even before said barfing.

Old school type CPFMP (on one server, or two) > Panjo... with a capital >.
    I'm an excellent driver. Of course I don't have my underwear... I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Behind you 100%...

I've sold via both styles. I really miss the old CPFMP. That was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    I'm old and slow. I like the old ways.
    That reminds me of a joke;

One sunny morning two bulls were standing on a hill enjoying their fill of dew covered grass. Before they had finished breakfast the young bull looked up and saw the farmer letting his cows onto the lower field. Seeing this gets him all excited and he starts running around in circles telling the older bull how he's going to run down the hill, jump over the fence, or maybe through it, he doesn't care, and make love to one of the cows.

After finishing his mouthfull of grass, the older bull turns to look, but he had to squint to see that far. Liking what he sees he suggests they finish their breakfast, walk down the hill real cool like, go through the open gate, and make love to all of them.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    On a side note (sorta)... I'm REALLY considering removing CPF from the Panjo community. This was a mistake that could have and SHOULD have been avoided. So I'm not real fond of Panjo right now... especially if it causes additional work on my part to clean up a mess I had nothing to do with...
    How were you suppose to know this would happen? I thought it was cool you were willing to make a bold move. There are good things about Panjo. The very best thing is that you don't need a 3rd party hosting site to load pictures. Also being able to view pictures of the product without clicking the link is awesome too.

The only thing I saw that was significantly worse about Panjo is when trying to list multiple items in the same thread, unless you want to sell them as a group.

That said, those of use who have been here a while know that your going to do what ever it is you want to do regardless of what we all think anyway LOL.

Either way CPF will continue to rock, and you can count on my support regardless of which way we go.

I think the mistake that could have and SHOULD have been avoided, was the latest mass thread issue from Panjo. Greta doesn't mean joining Panjo.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    I think the mistake that could have and SHOULD have been avoided, was the latest mass thread issue from Panjo. Greta doesn't mean joining Panjo.

~ Chance
    What he said.

Honorary Aussie

I don't like Panjo for several reasons, but as it's not my gig I'm okay with whatever Greta decides is best.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I collect 3% of nothing every day. Let me check my PP account ... ... yes, I just got another 3% of nothing this morning.
    I would like to contribute to Kerstels 3% of nothing if someone would be so kind.

I used the "old" Panjo and could login with no problem being logged into CPF I believe. Now I can't login under my original name as it's already "taken" ( by me I assume ) and I can't reset it as it doesn't recognize my email address. Can someone point me in the right direction to remedy this? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
    Last edited by ForrestChump; 10-04-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Decided to try out the new Panda Bear Mall thing and listed a light for sale.
    I noticed its not automatically listing in the CPF Market like others listings are.
    Looked at the very few settings the Mall has, saw that I can link my CPF account to it, figued that was what was wrong.
    But ever time I try to have it connect it fails.

Just gonna add that I like the old school way better also, I will probably just stick with that.
    Last edited by jtice; 10-04-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Problems with the recent Panjo upgrade are addressed HERE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123