I was contacted by Lummi, anyone else?

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I searched this forum to see if this has been covered but did not find anything.

I was contacted by Lummi and they said they are going to fill my order with a like valued light. They are trying to make it right I guess. I replied to their email and of course got no return reply and no further contact since.

So Im sure im not the only one that got this. If you also got this email has anyone actually received a light from them?

Im happy to post the email here if you want to see it, if its not breaking any forum rules?

Thanks
Matt

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere here, that a new company bought them out. They were in the process of filling back orders. Of course those are old and would have to be replaced with current stock. If you search this forum you may find that info. I read that a few months back.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I follow them on Facebook. Yes there is a new owner and he/they are trying to do right for all the back orders that were not filled.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If it's true, it's good to see someone doing right by all the customers Rob blatantly screwed over. I'm a bit skeptical though. Did the messages received contain the name of the new owners, or their company name?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mono, that info was somewhere I read it. But now, I can't find where I read it. I was going to link it. But they did name the new owner, and they claimed they were going to try and make it right with those who could verify their purchase and that they never got the product. I couldn't imagine how hard that would be. But you are correct, it would be a step in the right direction.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I have the email I just dont know if its ok on this forum to post it here and I dont want to step on any toes if you know what I mean.

The thing is it sounds just like past contact I have had with Rob. Also when I replied with a couple of questions right after I got the email a month or two ago I never got any reply, also like whats happened with me and Rob in the past.

Im gonna try and be optimistic about the whole thing and keep my fingers crossed but at this time I just dont have a lot of faith in them coming through.

Main reason I started this thread was to see if anyone else with outstanding orders like me also got the email and if anyone actually got any product from them after receiving this email. Ill post here if I get anymore info from them or receive a light from them anytime soon.

Mono, that info was somewhere I read it. But now, I can't find where I read it. I was going to link it. But they did name the new owner, and they claimed they were going to try and make it right with those who could verify their purchase and that they never got the product. I couldn't imagine how hard that would be. But you are correct, it would be a step in the right direction.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I just went and read the email again and to be honest the whole thing stinks and I think its just another ploy that Rob has come up with so he can keep selling new lights and not have to fulfill outstanding orders. Its even mentioned in the email that Rob is still working with this company and the email is not signed with any name, just the name of the new company. Same BS all over again. I got this email on Dec 4th 2014 and nothing since.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just went and read the email again and to be honest the whole thing stinks and I think its just another ploy that Rob has come up with so he can keep selling new lights and not have to fulfill outstanding orders. Its even mentioned in the email that Rob is still working with this company and the email is not signed with any name, just the name of the new company. Same BS all over again. I got this email on Dec 4th 2014 and nothing since.

Well, there you go. It's obviously a scam. That's truly unfortunate. I had hoped that decency and integrity would finally prevail. But with Rob still there, we all know it's not going to happen. He has no clue what those words mean.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
There seems to be fresh facebook activity and some positive reviews on etsy.

My experience with Lummi was positive (luckily) and received my light ordered on 2009, it was an RAW Al and it still works great.

I contacted him (Rob of whoever it is) on facebook saying I was interested in a RAW Ti, I will update once I get an answer. Perhaps he's sending orders now, but he doesn't want to deal with all the issues he had in the pasts years.

I know this is a very controversial thing to talk about and many of you might judge my mental health for even contacting him, but I think we deserve to know after all this time, whatever it turns out to be.

Edit: And don't worry I'm not buying anything yet, and if I ever do, I'll make sure it's via paypal and get appropriate buyer protection.

Edit #2:
Ok so this is the response I received from "Orrbott Designs", I still don't know if this is Rob because the message didn't had a name, but it is quite obvious right?

Hello,To answer your question, yes we have the Raw Ti in stock.
There are no issues at all with delivery of orders from Orrbott. We are doing all we can to make things good with past Lummi customers.
I will send you this response to your email also.
Regards.

Well, draw your own conclusions. If any of you wish further updates please let me know.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh I'm not surprised he doesn't want to deal with all the people he conned, cheated, and screwed over in the past few years. You got lucky, once. Roll the dice and take your chances. I doubt any other knowledgeable members will send their hard-earned money to a now known and established thief/con-man.