141000 battery

Legend_8

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I just purchased an Olight ST25 Baton because a family member decided they now own my LD22, and the shear lumen output from the 2xAA light intrigues me.

The spec sheet says that it can use a 14500 li-ion with a spacer. In the review by selfbuilt I see that its able to keep the output much closer to the maximum 550 lumen with a li-ion.

How difficult would it be to build a battery pack with 2 14500's in a 1s2p config so that it would still fit in the battery tube of the ST25 for some longer runtime?

Anyone with the knowledge of the materials and techniques involved I'd gladly like to hear about it.

Thanks.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
How in the world are you going to get two 14500s wired up in parallel, with wires and connection tabs, to fit in that tube? There's not a lot of wiggle room within typical flashlight tubes, to shoehorn that configuration inside.

Use the light with Eneloop XX/Pros, or Duracell Ion Core AAs and seek out a brighter light if you want more output. Put the light in your Bug-Out-Bag, or in a car and move on, is my thought on the matter.

Chris

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the nitecore cell 3.7 1500mah [NL1427]- that should do the trick.

Good call and that would work, but how does he charge it, if he doesn't have the MH2A light, or a hobby charger?

Also, they seem to be hard to find. Illumination Supply sells the light that comes with that battery, but they don't seem to sell the bare cell.

Chris

swan

Banned
A Nitecore dealer should be able to order one. Good point about charging- yeah i guess a hobby charger[cotton pickers?] or rig up something connected to an existing charger . I thought i might use this cell in my old jet pro st, but probably easier just to buy the m2ha and if possible an extra cell.

Last edited:

Legend_8

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys.

I remembered seeing that Nitecore cell some time ago but had totally forgot about it. I'm sure charging the battery with a couple of wires and two neodymium magnets would work.

Though no one had tried running two 14500's electrically in parallel in the elongated physical config? Could the circuit not be completed in the same way that over voltage protection and short circuit protection is done with a thin strip of wire running down the side of the cells?

Thanks again.