EDC AA Light

Palantas

Newly Enlightened
I work at night, thusly, I use a flashlight all the time. I have a Nitecore MT2A, which I like very much...except for one thing. Double clicking the base button cycles through the light's various modes. With some regularity, I accidentally switch the light from its medium setting (which I mostly use) to the next setting, SOS. Then I have to cycle back through them to get back to where I want to be. I want another light anyway, and the next one should not present this problem; something similar to the Nitecore, but with a different interface.

Needing a light that meets the following requirements...
  • Two AA power source; I've got some Eneloop Pros, and I don't want to mess with other batteries.
  • Slim, tube-like profile (Is there a proper term for this? Lightsaber?).
  • Variable intensity, up to at least around 300 lumens.
  • Activation button on base.
  • Activation button only turns on the light; modes are selected through some other means.

It has been suggested that an EagleTac P20A2 MKII meets these requirements. Are there any other lights you would recommend?

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Quark tactical would work.

Quark Tactical was my first thought as well... although one of the many lights where tailcap clicky controls power and a side-switch changes modes might be applicable as well, for example:

- Fenix LD22
- Olight ST25
- ThruNite Archer 2A V2

... or the old school approach where head-twist controls output, for example:

- Eagletac D25A2 Tactical
- Olight T25
- Shinnigbeam Caveman or Spark
- Jetbeam BA20

demize

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix LD22 has been my carry light on the job for the past year. It works off two rechargable AAs, is a long tube, click on the bottom to turn on to the last used brightness and set the brightness with a switch on the side. It gets, I believe, 240 lumens, so it's not too far from the 300 you're looking for.

I think it fits your criteria pretty well, so I'm throwing my vote to that light too.