Eagletac epileptic seizure solutions

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I've had a number of Eagletac G25C2's and a couple of S200C's simply because they have a local store and shipping/import taxes are terrible here. All of them sooner or later enter a spasmodic, unreliable phase of jumping into strobe or low when you want high or vice versa. In the past I've sprayed electrical contact cleaner on the contact points when it does that and it has helped. I'm in small town in Thailand near Burma at the moment and have no idea where to get contact cleaner or if there is something better out there.

I've got a special forces buddy shipping out to Iraq/Syria tonight and wanted to give him my latest G25C2Vn along with a couple high drain 18650's and battery charger. Unfortunately it has entered the unreliable, "could randomly start strobing, shut off, jump from low to high" phase. I hate giving junk - any thoughts on what might help to clean it up/fix it up that is easy to come by in a 3rd world country?

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Thanks KJ2 - I was wondering about that but was hoping for a confirmation before I tried it! :twothumbs

jt7747

Newly Enlightened
I am having this issue also with my G25C2. It enters an uncommanded and undocumented strobe mode. I'm trying to get to the bottom of how the twisty sensor works, it baffles me. I had no idea that Eagletec's lights had a mind of their own. Can I ask if you managed to fix yours? Thanks

markr6

Flashaholic
I sold an S200C2 to another member and he said it flickers when turning on. Even after cleaning. It worked flawlessly for the time I had it (over one year). I packed it in a larger box with adequate material, so I would be surprised if it was damaged in shipping. I feel bad because I'm not sure what else would be going on. Hopefully Eagletac was able to resolve the problem.

I'm not having any problems with my other Eagletac twisty-head models.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of my D25Cs in Ti did this. I did a very through cleaning and very small amount of nyogel. This resolved the issues. Now I do preemptive cleanings. I haven't had a issue since then and that was over 18 months ago. Oh I cleaned mine with Windex. If you don't have Nyogel brand you can use just about any dielectric grease. Just do not use a lot! Also are you using a protected cell? Cell length can be a issue I think.
I wonder too if the protection circuit can cause issues? Anyways, try a shorter (unprotected) cell.
Hope that may help a little.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am having this issue also with my G25C2. It enters an uncommanded and undocumented strobe mode. I'm trying to get to the bottom of how the twisty sensor works, it baffles me. I had no idea that Eagletec's lights had a mind of their own. Can I ask if you managed to fix yours? Thanks
My first ET Color decided to revolt against my wishes. It would pick a random mode, regardless of the head tightening condition, and stay there until you removed the head of the light with the switch off. My solution was RMA. The second one didn't do this.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of my D25Cs in Ti did this. ....you can use just about any dielectric grease...

D25s require an electrical path though their threads, dielectric grease is electrically insulating - not sure it's the best grease for this light.

gearhead1972

Newly Enlightened
Just a thought, my P20A2 was doing this for a while. Finally one day the battery contact point on the head fell out on a battery change. It looked as if was spot welded on. It worked sometimes without the contact. Finally a few days ago I ground down the reverse polarity ring and bingo good as new again (battery button was not making full contact). So the switching in and out of modes was probably that contact working it's way off.

Latest posts