Review: Noctigon Meteor M43 (12x) XPG2 NW S2 1D Dedomed (4x) 18650 LED Flashlight

mhanlen

Enlightened
for submission in the Reviews forum
Noctigon Meteor M43 Review

Here is my review for the just released Noctigon Meteor. In the review I have video runtime tests with different types of batteries, video beamshot comparisons between other big and small lights, and plenty of video of me wandering around in the dark with this light. Feel free to ask any questions, if you like. Also please forgive the 6600 lumen claim in the video... 6600 lumen output is for the
NW S3 3D version. The one in the video is rated at 6300 lumens. It has been corrected in the video with an annotation, and in the description. Intl-outdoor provided this light for review, under the conditions I ship it to another pre-determined person when I my review was done. I do not own this light, and I was not given this light.

Last edited:

CUL8R

Enlightened
Re: Review: Noctigon Meteor M43 12x NW S2 1D Dedomed 4x 18650 LED Flashlight

This is the first one of your video reviews I've looked at. Excellent job! I really liked the review, the video, and the humor. Can't wait for mine to come (ordered the same model you tested - same DD leds as it offered the best throw with great flood). If it makes it in time, I'll check it out on our annual 4WD trip to Moab.:grin2:

mhanlen

Enlightened

This is the first one of your video reviews I've looked at. Excellent job! I really liked the review, the video, and the humor. Can't wait for mine to come (ordered the same model you tested - same DD leds as it offered the best throw with great flood). If it makes it in time, I'll check it out on our annual 4WD trip to Moab.:grin2:

This should really light things up then! Looks like there's quite a bit of interest in the light, so I hope you get it in time- seeing as their sort of a build to order type thing.

Can't thank you enough for the excellent video!

You sir, just saved me $160.

Thanks again!
-Chuck

No problem and I'm glad you found it helpful.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great review. Thanks for the effort

Ray-o-light

Newly Enlightened

Nice video! Thanks for the info. I have the same one on the way soon I hope.

G. Scott H.

Enlightened

10 fast presses, then click and hold. 2 half presses to low. 3 half semi-fast presses to medium. 10 half slow presses to get back to low. 11.5 semi-fast half presses with a half click back to medium. 1 half semi-click half press and 2.5 semi half clicks to turbo. Got it! Thanks! :D I'm going to get one of these, but I need to go get degrees in theoretical physics and mechanical engineering first. I'm also going to check with the folks at JPL and CERN to make sure I won't enter a wormhole between the first and second semi-fast half press clicks on this thing and end up in an alternate universe. Have you noticed any missing time or nigthmarish Lovecraftian visions since using this light? :twothumbs

Thanks for the review. :cool:

mhanlen

Enlightened

10 fast presses, then click and hold. 2 half presses to low. 3 half semi-fast presses to medium. 10 half slow presses to get back to low. 11.5 semi-fast half presses with a half click back to medium. 1 half semi-click half press and 2.5 semi half clicks to turbo. Got it! Thanks! :D I'm going to get one of these, but I need to go get degrees in theoretical physics and mechanical engineering first. I'm also going to check with the folks at JPL and CERN to make sure I won't enter a wormhole between the first and second semi-fast half press clicks on this thing and end up in an alternate universe. Have you noticed any missing time or nigthmarish Lovecraftian visions since using this light? :twothumbs

Thanks for the review. :cool:

Once I slipped through the wormhole I did battle with the Noctigon time vampire!

G. Scott H.

Enlightened

Once I slipped through the wormhole I did battle with the Noctigon time vampire!

:twothumbs

On a serious note, will this hold protected cells, and what kind of drain are we talking about? My current go-to light cell is the Orbtronic protected NCR18650PF, which goes up to 10A before protection kicks in and is around 69mm long. I'm hoping to use these if I get a Meteor.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

mhanlen, thanks for the review! I always find your videos entertaining.

Did you choose the emitters, or did intl-outdoor just send you what they had?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher

for submission in the Reviews forum
Noctigon Meteor M43 Review

Here is my review for the just released Noctigon Meteor. In the review I have video runtime tests with different types of batteries, video beamshot comparisons between other big and small lights, and plenty of video of me wandering around in the dark with this light. Feel free to ask any questions, if you like. Also please forgive the 6600 lumen claim in the video... 6600 lumen output is for the
NW S3 3D version. The one in the video is rated at 6300 lumens. It has been corrected in the video with an annotation, and in the description. Intl-outdoor provided this light for review, under the conditions I ship it to another pre-determined person when I my review was done. I do not own this light, and I was not given this light.

I hope im not getting yours, lol...

mhanlen

Enlightened

:twothumbs

On a serious note, will this hold protected cells, and what kind of drain are we talking about? My current go-to light cell is the Orbtronic protected NCR18650PF, which goes up to 10A before protection kicks in and is around 69mm long. I'm hoping to use these if I get a Meteor.

According to specs the protected Sanyos I use are 69.8 mm, so the height shouldn't be an issue. My Sanyos are the UR18650FMs and they handled everything the light threw at them. Intl-outdoor did not recommend I use my Sanyos, but I decided to try them anyway and didn't have a problem. I do not know the discharge rate before the protection kicks in though... because I've never had it happen. What I didn't test: If the light is brighter on the LGs than the Sanyos... if you look at the runtime tests, it seems the LGs fluctuate more over time... so maybe the thermal management kicks in more often because they allow the light to get hotter.

mhanlen, thanks for the review! I always find your videos entertaining.

Did you choose the emitters, or did intl-outdoor just send you what they had?

This was the one they decided to send out. I'm the third person to get the light... I have no idea why they sent this one, other than maybe it's one of the first they built?

I hope im not getting yours, lol...

is your name JMpaul? If not, then no. If you're paying for the light, you won't be getting mine.

chuckhov

Enlightened

"I have no idea why they sent this one, other than maybe it's one of the first they built?"

Hank has said that the XP-G2 1D DD was his favorite.

Thanks,
-Chuck

mhanlen

Enlightened
Review: Noctigon Meteor M43 12x NW S2 1D Dedomed 4x 18650 LED Flashlight

Yeah I'd be curious too... I wish I had a setup like that... But my reviews are sort of designed to give a real world usage view of the light... I realized that there are much better people than me at the graphs and data logging... So I try and demonstrate UIs show what an actual runtime looks like... But I can't wait to see his review.

plata0190

Enlightened

I bought the nichia 219b one and waiting the shipping
And thanks to dc38 :D

Last edited:

xed888

Enlightened

RMM tested it to be accurate at about 6300 lumens with 72kcd of throw

mhanlen

Enlightened

Good to hear! I feel like it's close... It's markedly brighter in throw and flood than all the other lights I own. And since this is the exact light he used then what youre seeing is 6300 lumens.

ven

Flashaholic

Awesome video review,thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Really like the look of this "tiny monster" :D

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Was ready to buy This with xpls until I heard the UI. It could stand to have Vinh's driver