Recommend me a headlamp

snipe523

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a head lamp to be used for nighttime metal detecting. I would like something powered by an 18650 and prefer waterproof. Also I want something with a lot of flood. I won't have any need for a lot of throw with this light as it will strictly be used for metal detecting. Any suggestions are welcome.

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight H600 or H600w (depending on your preference for tint). Look around here for lots of pictures of the beam pattern of this light. I use this all the time around the house. Not having a hotspot is so nice for home repairs, crafting, etc.

Steve

desmobob

Enlightened
I have a Zebralight H600w MkII and an ArmyTek Tiara Pro C1. For a broad, even flood beam, the TIR lens on the ArmyTek light is definitely my choice. ArmyTek's Wizard and Wizard Pro headlamps are VERY waterproof, and run on an 18650 (I have a Wizard Pro on the way now....).

It's the headlamp I'd use with my White's DFX if I detected at night!

Take it easy,
Bob

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spark makes some very nice headlamps with simple UI. Also Nitecore HC50 makes a very nice headlamp. You can't go wrong with either of them.

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Err, I meant to say H602 or H602w. No hotspot. Definitely a hot spot with the H600...

Steve

snipe523

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendations. Now to research these and make a final decision. I will probably have my decision made in about 6 months lol. I have a hard time deciding on stuff like this because I don't want to throw money away on the wrong choice.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a Zebralight fan,
Several years ago I got three H51Fw ("floody", "warm") for myself and two family members. and then last fall picked up both the H600w and H602w. I'm pretty pleased with them both but if I had to get just one for best overall compromise it would be the H600Fw, or H600w and add diffuser film. I'm pretty confident that their frosted glass will give better light transfer than diffuser film, so long as you're satisfied with its permanence.
If you haven't already, you should see the comparison photos and videos that Stefano has contributed, all through this thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...F-(Floody)-vs-H602-(no-reflector)-beams/page6

Last edited:

Latest posts