is there a good cheap source of cr123a

buddyrohr

Removed by his own request
i bought a sixpack of duracell ultra cr123a batteries for 14.90 GBP on ebay at the time it seemed like the best price. it still works out to about $3.90 a piece if i got the conversion right. can anybody recommend a reliable shop with good battery prices that ships worldwide where the shipping is reasonable? some shops seem to have good or great prices but the shipping is so high it makes it totally not worth it.

thanks, buddy

BillSWPA

Enlightened
Two suggestions:

1) Surefire sells US made CR123 cells from their website at good prices.

2) Battery Station sells their own brand of US made CR123, the price for which is one of the best you will find for US made cells.

buddyrohr

thank you i didnt know about surefire i will check that out. battery station doesnt ship here so i cant use their website to estimate shipping prices not that it matters.

edit: surefire.com does not appear to ship worldwide. i would have to go the the steps of creating an account to be sure but their shipping prices page just list prices that are for american addresses and they say they dont ship to apo or fpo so probably international is out of the question.

streeeerike!

Last edited:

1DaveN

Enlightened
thank you i didnt know about surefire i will check that out. battery station doesnt ship here so i cant use their website to estimate shipping prices not that it matters.

edit: surefire.com does not appear to ship worldwide. i would have to go the the steps of creating an account to be sure but their shipping prices page just list prices that are for american addresses and they say they dont ship to apo or fpo so probably international is out of the question.

streeeerike!

You could check for the Surefires on amazon.co.uk - Here in the US, Amazon has them priced as low as I've seen them from any seller that doesn't make me worry about fakes.

Big_Sam

Newly Enlightened
If you are in the UK, then Torchdirect do 8 Duracell for £18, or 8 Panasonic for £16.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ran a transaction through Battery Junction, and twelve Titanium Innovations cells are $12USB, with $19 USD shipoing to United Kingdom. Google tells me that today that is roughly £19 on today's market. I have no idea what if any import duty would be charged. Titanium Innovations is Battery Junction's house brand, and has ranked right below Surefire and the other top brands in tests done here.

buddyrohr

thanks guys for the info and checking the prices i really appreciate it. i am not in the uk but the best deal i found was from the uk (scary!) so thats what i bought on ebay. i guess given the circumstances ebay is still going to be the best deal right now. hopefully there will be more choices in the future because coughing up 4 bucks a cell can get kinda pricey.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks guys for the info and checking the prices i really appreciate it. i am not in the uk but the best deal i found was from the uk (scary!) so thats what i bought on ebay. i guess given the circumstances ebay is still going to be the best deal right now. hopefully there will be more choices in the future because coughing up 4 bucks a cell can get kinda pricey.

So how about saying where you are from then?
Either your Google Foo is weak or you are not in the U.S.?

I buy Panasonic cells from Battery Junction for $1.35 in quantity and just got 50 last week.

Even as singles they are not $2.00 so keep searching!

masterP

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a 12 pack of Surefire CR123's @ $2.80 each.....after taxes.

they're cheaper if you buy more......if you buy 1200 of them they work out to $1.76 each

compare that to $10 each for Duracell, Energizer at the supermarket

people complain about CR123's being more expensive than AA batteries but if you buy Surefire they work out to be the same price

buddyrohr

I just ran a transaction through Battery Junction, and twelve Titanium Innovations cells are $12USB, with $19 USD shipoing to United Kingdom. Google tells me that today that is roughly £19 on today's market. I have no idea what if any import duty would be charged. Titanium Innovations is Battery Junction's house brand, and has ranked right below Surefire and the other top brands in tests done here.
thank you battery junction doesnt ship here they have tons of places they do but here not for whatever reason.
So how about saying where you are from then?Either your Google Foo is weak or you are not in the U.S.?I buy Panasonic cells from Battery Junction for $1.35 in quantity and just got 50 last week.Even as singles they are not $2.00 so keep searching!
yeah i said "worldwide shipping" in my first post as an expat i am painfully aware how cheap things are back home and how easy it is to buy anything and very few americans realize how expensive and difficult it is to buy anything once you leave the land of the free and the home of the brave.
I just bought a 12 pack of Surefire CR123's @ $2.80 each.....after taxes. they're cheaper if you buy more......if you buy 1200 of them they work out to $1.76 eachcompare that to $10 each for Duracell, Energizer at the supermarketpeople complain about CR123's being more expensive than AA batteries but if you buy Surefire they work out to be the same price
here aa and aaa batteries are affordable unlike most other things we actually pay around 65 to 75 cents (american) per piece for duracell aa or aaa they are usually priced the same energizer is sometimes a bit cheaper. if they werent that cheap nobody could afford them. since the best i can do on cr123a is $3.90 for duracell and so far cant buy surefire for any price they dont work out to the same price as aa at all
Could also check eu dot nkon dot nl. Order mine there and all I received are made in USA.
they dont sell outside eu but their russian partner site does however they expect the customer to figure out the shipping price but they dont bother to tell you how much the batteries weigh so its hard to guess. but i will guess 10 or 20 batteries is gonna be more than 500g shipped which makes their 19 euro shipping price not very attractive.

so far it looks like keeping an eye on ebay is the best i am going to be able to do.

again i was not asking anybody to find me a site that ships here just if you know any trustworthy sites that ship worldwide and have good prices i will check on the details if not thanks to everyone who answered

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still have no idea where "Here" is that you keep speaking of?
Clearly not in U.S. but??????

Is this top secret? It is just easier to help you if we know what you are asking.

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Without knowing what country you're in, we cannot recommend anything with any accuracy.

I believe that Amazon ships to almost all countries.

But your best bet is to let us know what country you're in, then someone can probably recommend an in-country site that you could buy from with very reasonable costs.

buddyrohr

Without knowing what country you're in, we cannot recommend anything with any accuracy.
you cant recommend a site that ships worldwide without knowing what country im in? when the heck did this happen? :p
I believe that Amazon ships to almost all countries.
they sure do and their product prices and shipping rates change depending where you live and make it totally not worth it so i no longer use them. ebay is about the best i can do
But your best bet is to let us know what country you're in, then someone can probably recommend an in-country site that you could buy from with very reasonable costs.
well no they couldnt. im american and i live overseas now in a small banana republic where the cheapest junk you can imagine is sold for 4x what you would pay for it and where the good stuff doesnt ever show up at all. there are no good sites here to buy anything or i would be aware of them already. like i said im looking for a site that ships worldwide not a site in the country where i am living.

Scourie

Enlightened
If in UK, sevenday shop do 20 ownbrand for £9.65.

P and P extra.

There are restrictions on lithium battery transportation by air.

Rob

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check Banggood. They seem to ship anywhere for free. It may take a month to get to you, but I haven't had a bad shipment yet out of the dozen or so I have received. I haven't looked at what they carry for CR123As, but it can't hurt to look.

buddyrohr

Have you tried Canadian dealers?
while i have nothing against canadian dealers i have no way of singling them out to try them. normally because of the exchange rate disadvantage their prices were higher than what i could get when i lived in america.
If in UK, sevenday shop do 20 ownbrand for £9.65.P and P extra.There are restrictions on lithium battery transportation by air.Rob
thanks i am not in the uk and not in the eu and yes the restrictions on lithium batteries are an issue in many places for shipping
Check Banggood. They seem to ship anywhere for free. It may take a month to get to you, but I haven't had a bad shipment yet out of the dozen or so I have received. I haven't looked at what they carry for CR123As, but it can't hurt to look.
thanks that looks like a good site they ship here and the prices look not bad but i will have to ask here about specific brands because they dont carry duracell or energizer and i am not familiar with the ones they have.

looks like an excellent suggestion thanks again. also aliexpress has a bunch of batteries and ships here so i will ask about those brands also.

buddy

Celt

Newly Enlightened
I buy CR123's straight from Surefire. I trust that these batteries are just as good, maybe the same, as the more expensive duracells