Zebralight Pocket Clip Fix

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today as I was reading through the thread on the SC5 I came across some comments which mentioned how the ZL pocket clips are too stiff and over time tend to shred pockets as a result. I thought of a solution which actually will work great and fix this problem, and it's cheap at only $6-7 per clip. This will work with any Zebralight such as the SC52, SC62, SC5 but will not work with the SC32 since the clip is a little too long. Here is a pic of my light with the new clip attached. It is the same clip that I bought for my Nitecore EX11.2 and is supposedly made of a titanium alloy. It blends quite nicely with the ZL look and is far more flexible thus preventing the dreaded shredded pockets. I plan to order a few more and use for future Zebralights.

CSC_1124_zpseqtlv6cu.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
Looks AMAZING!! The problem I had was not with the stiffness...a simple, slight bend will loosen it up just right. The problem is placing a clip against that cheese grater (heat fins). But I'm sure this clip will help some.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks AMAZING!! The problem I had was not with the stiffness...a simple, slight bend will loosen it up just right. The problem is placing a clip against that cheese grater (heat fins). But I'm sure this clip will help some.

I find that this clip is flexible enough that the clip freely moves back when you pull it out of your pocket so there is little to no pressure on the heat fin area. It's a lightweight and flexible clip, I use the same one for my EX11.2 and it works great for it as well. I plan to equip all my Zebralights with this same clip including my SC62 coming in the mail today.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clip looks good. Is it a Nitecore brand clip?

The one I purchased was from Banggood and it's a titanium pocket clip, costs about $6-7 shipped and is well made. It will work with the Nitecore lights but also works great for the Zebralights, except the SC32 it's too long to work on that light but would work great in the 52/5 or the 62.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty certain that is steel. I think a magnet sticks well to it. Can you confirm?

Tested it with a magnet today and it does stick to it, sort of. The magnet doesn't stick to it as strongly as it does to other objects around the house so maybe a Titanium/steel alloy? The website lists the clip as Titanium alloy so perhaps its a mix of that and steel? Either way the clip is excellent and I would highly recommend it to those who are looking to transform the stiff pocket shredding Zebralights into ones which clip on and come off much easier without shredding your pockets!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Ok great..so how about a solution for my new sc32w?

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok great..so how about a solution for my new sc32w?

They make a short version of the clip I mentioned that would work for the SC32w but I haven't had any luck finding that one in stock. Since it's made by Jetbeam then they may have it available or one of their distributors?