Thinking about selling my AN/VSS-3A

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
User BVH would be the guy I'd talk to about that. He's usually pretty on top of things when it comes to mil surplus lights. I'd snag it but still outta my reach for now. I remember your post but did you ever confirm functional?

eyesonfire

Newly Enlightened
User BVH would be the guy I'd talk to about that. He's usually pretty on top of things when it comes to mil surplus lights. I'd snag it but still outta my reach for now. I remember your post but did you ever confirm functional?

No never finished the cable so im not sure. It does pass the smell and looks test though :) Very clean inside. Gotta love military electronics..
Also it came from a surplus dealer that i have used for many years which helps.
The control box was tested by the seller as working condition. Also I did open up and it looks great and has that old military smell, you know what im talking about. But no burn smells... It has 53hrs on it.

Last edited:

SemiMan

Banned
I do not need one of these.

Really, I don't need one.

I mean what would I do with it.

I really do not need one ..... no really ....

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not need one of these.

Really, I don't need one.

I mean what would I do with it.

I really do not need one ..... no really ....

See, I DO need one! Just can't afford the Damn thing! Lol
Seriously, unless you have a tank, no-one NEEDS a tank light. Would be fun to play light saber with someone across town tho!

BVH

Flashaholic
There's usually 1 or 2 on Ebay at any given time. The two that have been there for close to a year give or take, look to be in not so good shape and do not include control boxes. IIRC, asking prices are btw $450 and $650. They're pretty much useless except for parts (read - a spare lamp) A very clean unit with control box by all rights should go for somewhere around $1,000 if it's known to be working. That's a hard price to swallow when you see the quality parts and construction but there's just no market. Having to make cables is a significant negative. Parts alone will cost about $500. Then there's about 12 hours of work including 48 soldering jobs.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's usually 1 or 2 on Ebay at any given time. The two that have been there for close to a year give or take, look to be in not so good shape and do not include control boxes. IIRC, asking prices are btw $450 and $650. They're pretty much useless except for parts (read - a spare lamp) A very clean unit with control box by all rights should go for somewhere around $1,000 if it's known to be working. That's a hard price to swallow when you see the quality parts and construction but there's just no market. Having to make cables is a significant negative. Parts alone will cost about $500. Then there's about 12 hours of work including 48 soldering jobs.

wow :faint:

eyesonfire

Newly Enlightened
I already have over a grand in this thing as it is. So maybe i will wait until someone is looking for one real bad for there backyard tank..:)

Last edited: