Guys, which color do you like about the 18650 battery?

Stephen2010

Newly Enlightened
:wave::devil:

Now at the same capacity, which kind color of the 18650 lable do you like?

We are designing the 18650 lable for one new team, But we do not know which kind color is the best choice.

The Eneloop's white background + Blue Logo is very perfect, but it is just AA/AAA battery which usually used in the house, not in the outdoor.

The 18650 battery usaullay used for flashlight, outdoor sport. May the white will be dirty very easily.

So do not know whether the white is OK?

Whats' your opinion?:crazy:

MrJino

Enlightened
Maybe any color that is reflective would be good, easy to spot in dark situations.

Stephen2010

Newly Enlightened
The Nitecore is yellow + black, is also great, but too much words, will feel tired when we watch it longer time.

Stephen2010

Newly Enlightened
Yes, great, we also design the Logo can be shine, it will be better for the dark situations.

Thank you

HKJ

Flashaholic
I do not care much about the actual color, but it is nice if the batteries are color coded for: High current/high capacity/neither(i.e. low cost and/or non-critical use).
I also like the capacity to be easily readable.

Stephen2010

Newly Enlightened
Yes, we see the Orbtronic battery do this, black background + slivery letters. very good.

but i see the somebody said: us people like black, white, yellow and blue, i do not know whether it is reliable

Stephen2010

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, HKJ

Great, It is important to show the necessorry information easliy, Thank you again.

markr6

Flashaholic
Anything other than the usual girly easter bunny pastels on unwrapped cells - pink, baby blue, yellow. What's the deal with that? Keep it simple with black, gray or silver.

scintillator

Enlightened
I think white is OK, because it will show dirt and if my battery is dirty I want to know so I can clean it.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I don't think the color of the battery is a big deal, as long as the battery is high quality, has accurate information printed on the label, and can handle being charged and discharged without the fear of explosion.

why would it matter when the battery is inside the flashlight to begin with?

markr6

Flashaholic
why would it matter when the battery is inside the flashlight to begin with?

Because we're flashaholics! Same reason why car enthusiasts spend extra $$$ on fancy parts under the hood. Maybe that example is a little different, but pretty much relatable to any hobby.

SemiMan

Banned
:wave::devil:

Now at the same capacity, which kind color of the 18650 lable do you like?

We are designing the 18650 lable for one new team, But we do not know which kind color is the best choice.

The Eneloop's white background + Blue Logo is very perfect, but it is just AA/AAA battery which usually used in the house, not in the outdoor.

The 18650 battery usaullay used for flashlight, outdoor sport. May the white will be dirty very easily.

So do not know whether the white is OK?

Whats' your opinion?:crazy:

I could not care what the color is.

What I would like is for you not to worry about the color, and worry about ensuring that what you ship actually matches what you print on the label.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Yes, we see the Orbtronic battery do this, black background + slivery letters. very good.

but i see the somebody said: us people like black, white, yellow and blue, i do not know whether it is reliable

Just make sure the label is either part of the jacket itself ala NiteCore or you use a label with better staying power than Orbtronic - whose labels peel off with little more than a stern look.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything other than the usual girly easter bunny pastels on unwrapped cells - pink, baby blue, yellow. What's the deal with that? Keep it simple with black, gray or silver.

Colors like pink let you know that you're getting one hell of a battery. Just as you would not bring a pink car to the dragstrip unless you knew it could beat everything out there, you would not have a weak battery that's pink (think Sanyo UR14500p). The same goes for yellow. I mean, the A123 Systems 18650 HAD to be yellow for a reason.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I could not care what the color is.

What I would like is for you not to worry about the color, and worry about ensuring that what you ship actually matches what you print on the label.

Relevant, easy-to-read details are also helpful. Specifications (nominal voltage, nominal amp-hours), max sustained discharge rate, recharge rate, max peak discharge, production date, meaninful model number, anything else a technical user might need or want to know.