Red light Headlamp searched

Raskolnikow90

Newly Enlightened
Hi there

Im looking for a Headlamp with a inbuilt red light, to use for night photography eg. startrails or milkyway and for general traveling or hiking to a suitable dark spot =)

Searching the interweb i found some headlamps that seem to suit my needs, like the Black Diamond Spot or the Nitecore HC50 or HC90.

But as I don't understand alot about lamps, I wanted to ask you for some advice...

There are some of my concerns

1. Usable red light mode, directly accesible. (sorry that i can't specify "usable" any better =( ...

2. Budget: doesn't matter if the quality is fine... 50-150.-

3. Where to use:
(on the head) i prefear compact not compound if possible.

4. Powersource.
I got a Thrustfire TR lamp and some 18650er batterys, to use em again would be nice. But also Standart AAA or AA batterys would do. No inbuilt battery

5. Light Power. ???
A white-light for trail finding and "to impress" =D)
and a "usable" red light may even suitable for some hiking. Or reading while the camera is busy...

6. Light ??? Quality?
I thinke some ?flood? light will be best for my concerns

7. Runtime.
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long"
would be nice if runetime is good, especialy if runetime means realy usable time...

8. UI?
Dimable and to have direct acces to the redlight mode.

Random thoughts:

I saw that the HC90 got some more colourful lights, that may could be used for some awesome light painting.
And when Traveling abroad you even could leave the charger at home...

But i dont know how those headlamps compare to each other in their quality and (redlight) and general usability...

so may you could help me finding my path in the dark^^

Thank you for your help and suggestions, excuse my english and have a nice weekend!

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer brand headlamps might answer some of your requirements. Dimmable?? That will be costly I suspect.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, I'm fairly noob here.
For a dimmable thrower, dimmable flood an one mode red only maybe look at Black Diamonds Storm, it holds four AAA. Also hits a higher outtput then the spot.
Jmtc

Edit, I forgot, it has a blinking option as well.

Have a great one.

Edit, I said AAAA an meant AAA, my bad.
I fixed that now.

Last edited:

Raskolnikow90

Newly Enlightened
Sry i didn't meant "dimmable": i meant just to have the possibility to adjust the light to some levels...